Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 Ash how do I kill him when playing solo as no one can co-ordinate with me?
2 Class/crew abilities, I had this come up while playing solo. I played Quarantine (leadership) I then played Captain of the ship so combo for +2 strikes, I then played another Captain of the ship so combo with 1st Captain of the ship as I had played it earlier is this correct?
3 No one can hear you scream event says next player discard two random cards so in solo that is me. My question is it two of the cards in my hand that i have not played? What if I have played and used all card abilities? Or is it two random cards of my next draw which is what I played?
4 Repair the ship, if I have played two of these and the power station is clear do I get two extra cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
1 Ash how do I kill him when playing solo as no one can co-ordinate with me?

You can't.

PandaBall wrote:
3 No one can hear you scream event says next player discard two random cards so in solo that is me. My question is it two of the cards in my hand that i have not played? What if I have played and used all card abilities? Or is it two random cards of my next draw which is what I played?

As far as I remember, if you are the only player, there is no "next player" and you ignore everything that concerns "the next player".

PandaBall wrote:
4 Repair the ship, if I have played two of these and the power station is clear do I get two extra cards?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine that most of the Legendary Encounters games aren't great solo experiences, as Coordination is a huge part of the system.

Though you could always play two handed (as two characters), which I suppose is what many people do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
I imagine that most of the Legendary Encounters games aren't great solo experiences, as Coordination is a huge part of the system.

Though you could always play two handed (as two characters), which I suppose is what many people do.

Yes: two-handed solo seems to be the most common way to play Legendary encounters solo (and the one I use).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Although the option of killing Ash is denied you with one character, it is only one winning strategy. ie it is still possible to win while facing an indestructible android. It is quite a cool challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:

Xahendir wrote:
As far as I remember, if you are the only player, there is no "next player" and you ignore everything that concerns "the next player".

From the rulebook on Page 16, under "Next Player":
Quote:
However, if there's only one player left in the game (whether because you're playing solo or because everyone else is dead), then "next player" refers to you.

So you will be required to discard two random cards from your hand as soon as you reveal that Event. However, if you have no cards in your hand at that moment, there is no penalty to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Questions 2 and 4, it would be helpful if you would post the exact text on the cards you are talking about. The answer really depends on how they are worded and most of us don't have all the cards memorized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily, I have pretty much memorized all the cards, so I'll give this a shot. ^^

PandaBall wrote:
2 Class/crew abilities, I had this come up while playing solo. I played Quarantine (leadership) I then played Captain of the ship so combo for +2 strikes, I then played another Captain of the ship so combo with 1st Captain of the ship as I had played it earlier is this correct?

Yes, this activates Captain of the Ship. It doesn't even matter what your second card played was. A class ability is activated as long as a matching class was played anytime before in the turn. You can play Quarantine (Leadership), then Electric Prod (Tech) and then Captain of the Ship and the class ability will still activate for +2 damage.

PandaBall wrote:

Yes, they will both activate separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That nasty about Ash will have to keep cattle prodding him/it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another question Vigilant cards in solo can they be played on turn put down. For example I place a vigilant card that gives +2 strikes, I then scan an area and find an Ailen that I can kill if I add this vigilant card to other strikes I have can I use it?

Also can you use as many vigilant cards even if all the same one. In my latest game I had three you are never alone +2 strikes I turned up the Queen and with the 6 strikes in my hand and the 3 vigilant cards making +6 I killed her was this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
Another question Vigilant cards in solo can they be played on turn put down. For example I place a vigilant card that gives +2 strikes, I then scan an area and find an Ailen that I can kill if I add this vigilant card to other strikes I have can I use it?

Also can you use as many vigilant cards even if all the same one. In my latest game I had three you are never alone +2 strikes I turned up the Queen and with the 6 strikes in my hand and the 3 vigilant cards making +6 I killed her was this correct?

Yes and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.