Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DouglasLondon wrote:
I'm having a little trouble figuring out actions.

1) can you do the same action twice? I don't see any rules saying you can't do the same action twice. Maybe it's because I'm so used to games not allowing it you to do the same action twice.

2) If I investigate my location (1 action) and I play perception, does that cost an additional action? So the investigate takes two actions total?

Thanks guys

1. Yes, no restrictions

2. No, committing the card (it says "Skill" in the top left) to a skill test means you can resolve the text. Only the investigate costs an action (there is also no action arrow on the card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you engage a monster you can attempt to evade it which will exhaust it so it cannot attack this round.

If you attack a monster engaged with another investigator and fail you will damage that investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might use an Engage action to pull an enemy away from the investigator it is currently Engaged with, especially if you are better at Evading it than they are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, some enemies have an Aloof keyword, which means they do not auto-engage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, maybe it's engaged to an investigator who is goind to die/go insane if he gets attacked again, while you're at full health/sanity.
So many options, choose one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.