GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,049 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: Hand of the King» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jagen H'ghar and Tully rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Levesque
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules, I can see that when killing a character causes a tie, the player taking the action decides who gets the banner.

Forst question here is, what if that tie is with 0 cards? Killing the only character of that family taken so far. Does the banner just return in the center, or you resolve a tie woth 0?

Even more specific, since Jagen H'ghar can kill 2 characters and there are only 2 Tully characters, what happens with the banner in this case?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Those are good questions and I particularly like the scenario where using the companion eliminates an entire house. Very GoT!

I think the answer to both of your questions is the same: the rules state that you must 'have' an equal or greater number of characters to claim a house. I take that to mean that you must at least hold some characters. I think it would be against the spirit of the game to claim influence over a house without controlling any of that house's characters.

In other words, if players are tied for 0, nobody gets the banner and it must be returned to the centre. Similarly, if all the characters of a house are dead, no one will be able to claim influence over that house any longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterdo wrote:
From the rules, I can see that when killing a character causes a tie, the player taking the action decides who gets the banner.

Forst question here is, what if that tie is with 0 cards? Killing the only character of that family taken so far. Does the banner just return in the center, or you resolve a tie woth 0?

Even more specific, since Jagen H'ghar can kill 2 characters and there are only 2 Tully characters, what happens with the banner in this case?

Thanks!

You should feel ashamed for even having such evil thoughts. I can't wait to do these things to someone in the game. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To have รข banner, you need to have at least one character.
In your exemple, nobody gets it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:

You should feel ashamed for even having such evil thoughts. I can't wait to do these things to someone in the game. devil

Feh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.