6 Posts

TimeBomb II» Forums » General

Subject: Possitive feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Alatar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game in Essen and it has been one of the best games so far. Everyone loves the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yea it is extremely fun. Hopefully Iello gets the rights to publish it here in America and not IB&Cthulhu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with IBC and their retheme of Timebomb. I did pick up Timebomb II at BGG.Con and I'm just looking for the right group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
I greatly dislike the Chuthlruthu theme and hope Travis releases the sequel with a different theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my first play of this on Friday and it didn't go over well. The spartan layout of Timebomb II didn't help. This game is more complex for sure than the original, but still should be accessible. It desperately needs player aids, and I wish, oh I wish, that the cards had been numbered. 0 on the SWAT, -1 on the expert SWAT, etc. Just that one change would have been ideal.

I look forward to a reskin with more usable information on the cards. I will see if I can find the time to make player aids to more easily teach the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say that I have changed my mind about the usability of these cards. I still wish they had done something more developed with the design, either numbers, or possibly better, positive and negative symbols on the Expert Swat and Terrorist cards.

But I did have a chance to sit down again with the game. I did a much better time of teaching the rules, the why, the intent.

The other improvement I made was to have each set of the player cards put inside little baggies with a Swat card showing and the role card hidden. Then we shuffled the baggies and each player then took out their cards and set the baggie aside. It greatly assisted in the initial randomization.
Unfortunately the terrorist decks change depending on the number of players, so we had to adjust to player count.

We played six times and enjoyed it as much as we did the original Timebomb (which I have as DMWC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.