Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I stack Flavor tokens on the right side of the board, are the following statements correct?

* I can only stack exactly 2 and not more
* The top token determines the allowed spots according to normal rules
* The tokens can be of same type or different types
* The ability of neither of those tokens can be used, i.e. this action ONLY lets me get rid of the tokens
* I can never slide a token under a previously placed token to get rid of it

Also I don't quite understand why I would want to do that. Extra Flavor tokens mean more actions in future turns and also no penalty in the cup test. What would be a reason to get rid of Flavor tokens without using their ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:
When I stack Flavor tokens on the right side of the board, are the following statements correct?

* I can only stack exactly 2 and not more

Yes, why would you want to stack more (see text below)?

Dienes wrote:
* The top token determines the allowed spots according to normal rules

Yes.

Dienes wrote:
* The tokens can be of same type or different types

Yes, it's not stated otherwise.

Dienes wrote:
* The ability of neither of those tokens can be used, i.e. this action ONLY lets me get rid of the tokens

Yes. You get rid of them, so they can't pop up during the cup test AND they let you work on the bonus tile on the right side which is important!

Dienes wrote:
* I can never slide a token under a previously placed token to get rid of it

Correct.

Dienes wrote:
Also I don't quite understand why I would want to do that. Extra Flavor tokens mean more actions in future turns and also no penalty in the cup test. What would be a reason to get rid of Flavor tokens without using their ability?

On the one hand you should not get rid of the tokens - because you know how many there are in the pool and you need some in the cup test and you want to keep the probability high to draw one. On the other hand, it's bad to draw 2 or more of one kind of flavor token in the cup test, so you have to think twice about that.

You can get rid of those on the left side of the board or on the right sight. The difference is, that you have to meet at prerequisite to do that for the right side, so it's more difficult. If you can't meet the prerequisite (split a bean or combine two beans..) you can't place it there, unless you place two of them. In my games, I want to place it on the right side but can't split two beans, then I "sacrifice" two tokens in order to place it there, so I only need one other token to get a bonus tile from the right side. But I don't use this action that often.

It's hard to explain, but there are situations where you NEED the sweetness token in your last turn but you don't want to split beans for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.