HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made the personal decision to withdraw Hammerin' Sickles from GMT Games and have it published by Revolution Games instead, under the new title "Longstreet Attacks: The Second Day at Gettysburg". I want to thank Gene Billingsley for his support and cooperation in this decision and Roger Miller & Richard Handewith for taking the game on and scheduling it for publication. The link to pre-order the game is: http://www.revolutiongames.us/

This was my choice, in consultation with my developer Fred Manzo, and results from some personal issues and the realities of the GMT production schedule. So I hope you will head over to Revolution Games and pre-order the game there.

Thanks again for your support!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stubbs
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered from Revolution and looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congratulations Hermann and Roger. Revolution is a great gaming company and Longstreet Attacks (Hammerin' Sickles) is in good hands. I look forward to seeing this game reach the public as soon as possible. It will be a great addition to Revolution's American Civil War series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered at Revolution Games! As much as I am a fan of GMT, I see this change in an extremely positive light! A 'big-box' (well, maybe, I could be jumping to a conclusion here) Hermann Civil War game from Revolution. Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephen!

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: HS moves to Revoluxtion Games as ... Longstreet Attacks: The Second Day at Gettysburg
I never understood GMT either why they let rot some of these excellent games on their permanent ban P500 list.

I guess it is all COIN these days. Luckily there are some ConsimPress games on that list. Hard to find out that TRC with its 800 orders in a mere 2 months is not even scheduled before the end of 2017.

While all art work is done already and well ... the rules exist since 1977 in their latest form... for that game.

The only victims of this sudden move will probably be the EU gamers as it will be easier to find a hairlock of Elvis than a copy of this game with a reasonable price tag on the European market...

Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hexisim sells Revolution Games games at totally reasonable prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Whalen
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got my order in today. It was painful to see that game linger on the GMT list and no news coming out on it. Great to hear that all the time and effort was not wasted and I will finally get to play this game in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently received both Thunder and Stonewall from Revolution. Started soloing Stonewall before I tackled Pea Ridge. Whoa....awesome game! Immediately placed a preorder for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I really appreciate the support and glad you're enjoying it.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a general ETA for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're aiming for the end of the summer at this point.
Thanks!

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, looking forward to it (just pre-ordered).

I hope the game is successful and that the Gettysburg battle gets expanded sometime after this release (I'm one of those Day 1 guys, always found the situation fascinating).

SPI did a Kernstown battle, could make a nifty little game for the Blind Swords system (just sayin' whistle ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
We're aiming for the end of the summer at this point.
Thanks!

Herm

How long until BGG changes this entry to the new name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve! If Longstreet Attacks is successful, a "First Day" entry is very, very possible. There has been a lot of interest by other gamers in such an addition.

And your powers of premonition are great, my friend. Claude Whalen is currently working on a design that will cover both 1st and 2nd Kernstown and in fact, Rick Barber just finished the first draft of the map. It looks really good!

Hey Kevin! I will submit a totally new entry for Longstreet Attacks as soon as we get some updated graphics. I just hope BGG doesn't marry it to this entry, like they did with Duel of Eagles and Position Magnifique. I'm not sure what the policy is on that.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
Check out the 2017 Solo Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since HS was never released you could either change the name of this game or just delete this entry and create a new entry for Longstreet Attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Whalen
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I am going to Kernstown on the 19th and taking a tour of the battlefield with Steve Vaughn, president of the Kernstown Battlefield Association. It is a drive of a few hours but worth it to get the lay of the land, pick their brains and gather whatever information that is not in the Kernstown books (Gary Ecelbarger's "We Are In For It" is a great book on 1st Kernstown).

You can read all the history books that you want but you need a great gaming system like Hermann's to make the battle come to life on your table. I have the SPI 1st Kernstown game and have played it once. With Hermann's system, you want to play these games over and over. Just compare the SPI Pea Ridge game with "TITO", there is no comparison and it is not just the graphics!

Spread the word on the "Blind Swords" system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
autism1601 wrote:
Spread the word on the "Blind Swords" system!

I am, I am.

Will be playing at both Strategicon (L.A., that Friday only) and at GMT West to (hopefully) drum up some interest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Whalen
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Winchester, VA had five battles fought right around it. Urban creep has destroyed most of those sites. The Kernstown Battlefield has been preserved and though it is not the site of well known battles, it has been preserved by a small group of dedicated people. If you are ever in the northern portion of Virginia and have a spare few hours, walk the field and learn why the battles were fought they way they were.

A nice place and a dedicated group of people that have saved a battlefield that easily could have been swallowed up by development years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bottos
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Claude, were you just researching 1st Kernstown, or 2nd as well? I've been looking at 2nd Kernstown and making my own notes. In terms of numbers, 2nd Kernstown is quite doable with 16,000 Confederates under Jubal Early vs. roughly 14,000 Union troops under Crook. 2nd Kernstown did not have to be the blowout it was if Crook had handled his troops better. The big question being, how do you simulate Wharton's devastating flank attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Whalen
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Just found this message, I have sent you a private message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the latest with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
It is in late development testing. It is a mid sized game with multiple scenarios and we really want to get it right. after this finishes it will go out to wider group of blind testers. If all goes well we hope to ship in 4th quarter of this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally! Some positive news...looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.