9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: blank faces on dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sir benji
Canada
flag msg tools
Does anyone else detest blank faces on dice? I hate them. Even just adding one to every face would make me feel better, without affecting the game.

Rolling dice and having them come up blank is the equivalent of losing a turn. It's just....boring, not to mention aggravating.

Yeah ok, inane topic, but I've silently put up with a lot of them lately so I don't feel too guilty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several ways to deal with this.
1: Play Dead of Winter and appreciate the blanks on the red die.
2: Don't play anymore games that have dice with blank sides.
3: Mark the blank sides with something to make them no longer blank.
4:
5:
6:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
If the dice have different colors on each side then that could represent something. A number or symbol representing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Nace
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some games like Betrayal at the House on the Hill rely on blank faces as part of a game mechanic, there needs to be zero faces on the dice. So I have no problem with that if there is a justifiable reason to have blank faces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sir benji
Canada
flag msg tools
Pandeminatic wrote:
Some games like Betrayal at the House on the Hill rely on blank faces as part of a game mechanic, there needs to be zero faces on the dice. So I have no problem with that if there is a justifiable reason to have blank faces.

I haven't played that one. A lot of games use blanks in combat to mean a 'miss', which makes logical sense, but it's just not interesting. Anybody rolling blanks is just bored. Oh look I missed, I guess I just missed my turn. It seems like such a lazy game design to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
There are several ways to deal with this.
1: Play Dead of Winter and appreciate the blanks on the red die.

Play Robinson Crusoe and pray that you roll blank faces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
65432trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lokemoen
msg tools
I think us humans regularly make false equations in our heads because we're not very smart. Birds are better than spiders. A die face with anything on it is better than a blank face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.