Hide
25 Posts

Battleground» Forums » News

Subject: Your Move Games - Announcing New Management rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YMG Corey
msg tools
Your Move Games is pleased to announce we are under new management. While the leadership has changed, the mission of delivering depth and replayability in approachable and affordable games remains the same. The new management team is fully invested in Your Move Games and has been a vital part of the design team for new product at Your Move Games for many years. Currently we are in the midst of planning new releases for our games and are excited for the new products. As part of the transition we intend to resolve any unfulfilled Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability.

Already available are the long awaited Battleground releases Alexander vs. Persia and Wuxing, as well as The Battle for Sector 219. In addition we are preparing for a reprint of Men of Hawkshold and two entirely new Battleground armies: Greek City States and Lords of Vlachold.

Our products are available to retailers through ACD Distribution and Golden Distribution. For our fans across the globe, or for our fans who lack a local retailer, frpgames.com carries our products as well. Also available now on steam is a digital version of The Battle for Sector 219 from our partners at Large Visible Machine.

Please check out our new website for more information on our products and upcoming releases – www.yourmovegames.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we talk to you if we still have outstanding Kickstarter rewards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
YMG_Corey wrote:

Please check out our new website for more information on our products and upcoming releases – www.youmovegames.com.

Bad link: I believe you meant:

www.yourmovegames.com

Also, where are the links to download the solo rules and errata for Battlegrounds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys handling the Ogre 218 game?

Congratulations on the new venture. Best wishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:

Yes, as per the end of the first paragraph:

Quote:
As part of the transition we intend to resolve any unfulfilled Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Bwian wrote:

Yes, as per the end of the first paragraph:

Quote:
As part of the transition we intend to resolve any unfulfilled Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability.

Good grief, if it was a snake it would have bit me. Sorry about that. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! I'm very pleased to see the company in the hands of enthusiastic fans.

I'm very much looking forward to the Lords of Vlachold!

I'd also love to see further reinforcement packs for the existing factions. If I could make some suggestions, I'd especially like to see the following units:

Orc boar riders, goblin dire bat riders, high elf Pegasus cavalry, Ravenwood great eagles and pixie swarms, undead mummies, ghosts, and vulture swarms, Hawkshold gryphon riders and halfling slingers, Lizardmen pterodactyls, dark elf assassins, Umenzi lion pack and beast master, Dwarven musketeers, berserkers, and cannon, and many more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
Bwian wrote:

Yes. Email me at ymg.corey@gmail.com with your name, address, and what you're missing. I'll try and get it out as soon as I can.

martimer wrote:
Are you guys handling the Ogre 218 game?

Congratulations on the new venture. Best wishes.

We have a few copies for promotional purposes & for fulfilling kickstarters, but we won't be handling any distribution of Ogre 218. That's Steve Jackson Games, and they really have done a nice job with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see the Battleground rules in a more traditional format like 8.5x11 that isn't 120 pages long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Householder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does 'planning new releases' mean rereleasing the same product or will there be new editions of some games coming out? You mentioned a reprint of another game, so I just wanted to check. I got a taste of Battleground recently and want to get a few armies (what a great game!), but if a new/revised edition is coming, I'll hold out for that.

Happy New Year- best wishes with all your forthcoming endeavors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DTH1138 wrote:
Does 'planning new releases' mean rereleasing the same product or will there be new editions of some games coming out? You mentioned a reprint of another game, so I just wanted to check. I got a taste of Battleground recently and want to get a few armies (what a great game!), but if a new/revised edition is coming, I'll hold out for that.

Happy New Year- best wishes with all your forthcoming endeavors.

The "new releases" for Battleground will be re-releases but tweaked, as far as I know. And there are 1 or 2 new armies planned for Fantasy (not sure about Historical).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to note that after this thread appeared, I contacted Corey as per instructions, and received my outstanding Ogre versions of 218 within a couple of weeks.

Thanks Corey - great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
DTH1138 wrote:

The answer to your question is: both!

Battleground's first faction, The Men of Hawkshold, has sold out and we feel it's a priority to have that army in print. And it is a symbolic introduction of the new management to the gaming community.

However we're not just going to reprint a bunch of old art and rules! We're currently experimenting with a new art direction that looks vibrant and dynamic, while still looking right when played against the existing factions. Also we'll be revising the faction somewhat to match the evolution the game has undergone in the last decade.

Once that is done, we will follow as soon as possible with a brand new fantasy faction: the Lords of Vlachold. This 'vampire faction' will also feature archetypes from medieval Eastern Europe.

Following that we plan to release our next Battleground Historical Warfare faction: Greek City States. This faction will feature the hoplites of antiquity, such as Spartans, Athenians, Thebans, etc. This will be our first Mercenary historical army. Which means the units in this faction can be included in other factions. And as with all Battleground Historical armies, it will be fully compatible with our fantasy line. So you will be able to hire Spartans to fight alongside your Undead!

Those three releases should take us pretty far. Following that, we'll explore if other existing factions need to be reprinted and we're talking about a Men of Midgard (fantasy Norse) faction.

One thing I will say is that with each new release we iterate the rules. I have played every edition of the game and the core system that makes Battleground great does not change, but I do feel we make improvements with every edition. The rulebook is always free on our website. Here is the current version:

Battleground V3.1

Happy New Year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That all sounds terrific. Looking forward to it.

I thought of an interesting new project, to add to your loads and woes - One of those fancy carrying cases, like the Shadowfist EpicQuest bag: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Shadowfist-180919495284693/photo...

Much easier to cart all these armies around in...

Also, any chances of resurrecting the iOS 218 game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to make the solitaire variant rules available for download again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
martimer wrote:

I thought of an interesting new project, to add to your loads and woes - One of those fancy carrying cases, like the Shadowfist EpicQuest bag: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Shadowfist-180919495284693/photo...

That looks really cool. Perhaps we could partner with a vendor to see about making that happen. I'll add it to the list...

Quote:
Also, any chances of resurrecting the iOS 218 game?

Almost certainly we're going to look into it. But we have to resurrect the rest of the company first.

Jude wrote:
Are you going to make the solitaire variant rules available for download again?

I'd love to make that happen, but we'd need to give them a review first. The solitaire rules were designed for a much earlier edition of the game and so I can't speak for certain that they even function with the current rules. Not saying they don't, just saying I'm not sure.

Right now the priorities are reestablishing ties with distributors and retailers, fulfilling outstanding kickstarter pledges, and producing new product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, many of us, including me, only play the game solo, so best wishes with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Well, many of us, including me, only play the game solo, so best wishes with that.

Corey, if Judy has a copy of the solo rules available, is there any objection to her posting them so the fans can test them and make recommendations for improvement? We can take some of the work off you3hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tangram11 wrote:
Jude wrote:

Corey, if Judy has a copy of the solo rules available, is there any objection to her posting them so the fans can test them and make recommendations for improvement? We can take some of the work off you3hands.

I do have a copy of the old solo rules. They are pretty simple, though, and require a large enemy force to compensate for the lack of intelligent enemy commands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
Tangram11 wrote:
Jude wrote:

I have no problem with that at all!

In fact, I thought Judy made a good point so I tasked someone to look into this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Householder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, after reading that these are just reissues with mainly new art, I picked up a few factions off of the Geek Market: Elves of Ravenwood, Lizardmen (both came bundled with reinforcements), and both historic base sets.

From initial readings, if my basic understanding of the game is correct, I think the lizardmen will be my favorite faction. Followed by probably the Romans... but I guess that's for another forum post. Speaking of which, has anyone ever done a review/comparison of the factions together? I don't see anything like that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a ton of faction comparisons, analysis and battle reports on the You Move Games own forums. ymgforum.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Householder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know! I went to the website just to see the product; truthfully, I didn't even see there were forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tapp
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Corey: so will the other fantasy factions be put back into print but the Men of Hawkshold will be the only faction reimagined before put back into print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any estimated release dates for the Men of Hawkshold reprint? I'm really interested to see the new art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.