Hide
3 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: My first insert =) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D J
msg tools
Hey! I've lurked on the site for about 2 years now since my interest in board games have rekindled. I only just recently made an account to download some of the mage knight guides that were created here. I just wanted to post a few pictures of my first custom insert I've made. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I really liked that I made it with functionality in mind.

Opening the box, I put a black felt cloth to keep the moving pieces in place.The two containers on top can be removed. The container to the right was used to place the extra hero pieces to the side.

The left container with all the tokens that would be used during play was used as a cover that locks in place on top of another container for all the decks used during play. Under the extra heroes container I had the day/night board, map tiles, cities, and hero miniatures.

I used a few cut up folder paper to organize the hero decks.

This was the main goal in mind when I decided to make my own insert. I really wanted an easier way to pick up and play; Use the decks without having to fumble around like with the original insert or placing them all sideways. This way I just take out the 2 containers and most of the setup has already been done.

This one's just showing the token container I'd use during play as well. I made 4 slots for miscellaneous things, but for now I used them in a 2-hero setup.

It took me about a day and a half with a pocket knife and some scissors lol. I bought the foam boards and a glue gun for about 20$. I think it worked out pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.
I think you'd find picking up an xacto knife and a cork-backed metal ruler a fine idea if you were planning on creating more inserts ...and maybe a cutting mat (if you don't already have one).
Probably steer clear of flimsy card too... as that will only lead to cards warping in the long run.
Keep up the good work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good.
I have crafted some inserts. Not yet for MK since I don't find it neccesary.
The tokens I hav put in cotton bags so I don't need to shuffle them.
For the games I have made inserts (Myth/Shadows of Brimstone/Descent) I went for functionality and not for good looks. I use cardboard and it works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.