Subject: Interactive occupation variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Boberson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing this with my wife today, and an interesting idea came to me regarding the occupation cards. We've been drawing two and keeping one in order to minimise the chances of one one or more players getting saddled with unhelpful draws. It's been working very well, and has eliminated the only real issue I had with the game. We also do-not hide our occupation cards from each other before they're in play.

Anyway, today on a couple of occasions when I drew two from the occupation deck I happened to draw two cards that were both quite good, and was having a hard time trying to decide which one to choose, and which to discard. That got me to thinking; wouldn't it be intriguing if when you draw one occupation card and discard the other the discarded one goes back to the top of the occupation deck? So, after the first draw the top card is known to all players, who will have the choice of that one or the next (unknown) card each turn. I feel that could add a whole new interactive dimension to the game that might be quite fun.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
You'd end up with one bad occupation (either due to groupthink deciding it's bad, or being situational for something nobody's set up for) stuck on top of the deck and you'd be effectively back to blind draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
You'd end up with one bad occupation (either due to groupthink deciding it's bad, or being situational for something nobody's set up for) stuck on top of the deck and you'd be effectively back to blind draws.

You could begin the game with the simple "draw two, keep one" rule, but discard the one you don't keep to an "Available Occupations" stack on the side. On subsequent draws, you have the choice of drawing two blind and adding one them to the AO stack, or selecting one from the stack instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.