Hide
5 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does Imitation count as the space it's imitating? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Morton
msg tools
When you use the four-player game imitation space to copy another action space, does it count as being an action from the copied space's row? e.g. for the occupations that trigger when you take a Crafting / Weekly Market / Build Houses action (to name the ones I've seen go by in games...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logically, it should count, because the occupation triggers off a type of action. If you are a builder and save resources when you build houses, you should also save resources if the building came from an imitation action.

One exception would be Latecomer, because this action is based on the position of the Vikings. If you use imitation to build a shed (top row, first column), you are not adjacent to building a whaling boat (second row, first column). Rather, you are in the row below the bottom row, so you are adjacent to paying a resource to get a silver and play an occupation (bottom row, first column)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
David Grabiner wrote:
Logically, it should count, because the occupation triggers off a type of action. If you are a builder and save resources when you build houses, you should also save resources if the building came from an imitation action.

One exception would be Latecomer, because this action is based on the position of the Vikings. If you use imitation to build a shed (top row, first column), you are not adjacent to building a whaling boat (second row, first column). Rather, you are in the row below the bottom row, so you are adjacent to paying a resource to get a silver and play an occupation (bottom row, first column)

I actually wonder about Latecomer too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Corning
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also wonder about how Craft Leader works in this case. Since it requires 5 Vikings on Crafting locations at the start of the Income phase, would you be considered to be on a Crafting location if you imitated a Crafting space? If so, how would you track this—in a 4-player game, you might forget which space you copied by the time you got to the Income phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scotfree2 wrote:
I also wonder about how Craft Leader works in this case. Since it requires 5 Vikings on Crafting locations at the start of the Income phase, would you be considered to be on a Crafting location if you imitated a Crafting space? If so, how would you track this—in a 4-player game, you might forget which space you copied by the time you got to the Income phase.

I would say that end-of-turn occupations such as Craft Leader depend on the spaces, not the actions taken. In particular, the appendix does clarify that cards like this are affected by other occupations which allow you to remove already-placed Vikings. If you place 5 Vikings on Crafting but use an occupation to take one back, you don't get the bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.