Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you have two pieces of art in your gallery and one artist gets promoted such that one of the two pieces becomes a masterpiece. Obviously, the fourth spot opens up in your gallery. But are you required to move that piece of art into the fourth spot, or do you keep it where it currently is located?

This is important because if you move it into the fourth spot, you will now have to buy two more pieces of art before the reputation token is unlocked. If you aren't required to move the piece over, then one more purchase will qualify you for that token.

The rules seem to suggest that the art goes into the highlighted spot (based on the picture in the book), but it doesn't explicitly state as such. If it did and I missed it, please accept my apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Y.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
GoingTopShelf wrote:
The rules seem to suggest that the art goes into the highlighted spot (based on the picture in the book), but it doesn't explicitly state as such. If it did and I missed it, please accept my apologies.

You don't have to display a masterpiece in the fourth slot: rather, you can only use the fourth slot if you already have a masterpiece in one of the other spots (see the caveat on the fourth slot on page 8).

AFAIK, the only time you need to move art in your gallery is when you sell a work of art: any remaining art slides to the left as far as it can, so you are always filling up gallery slots left-to-right. (Otherwise it would be easier to get that Reputation Tile in the third slot!)

If you are referring to the picture on page 14, I agree that it is a bit misleading. Thematically I would think the last slot is "reserved" for a masterpiece, but mechanically it seems more natural to always fill slots left-to-right rather than having different rules for masterpieces and non-masterpieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's exactly what I am referring to. Page 14. The tile is clearly shown with an arrow pointing at the starred space, which led me to believe that once you get a masterpiece, you have to move it all the way to the right on your board. But I think you are right because the rules don't explicitly state that you have to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
You just unlocked the 4th space. You don't have to move the art there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Vital. You have confirmed my suspicions. I was a day one backer for Lisboa and I can't wait for that one to arrive. That looks like your best one yet, both thematically and in terms of gameplay. So looking forward to it hitting the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your support. You can try it on Tabletopia during the camapaign. Hope you enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.