Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On April 10th I received Imperial Assault for my birthday and since, I've been playing it a lot. I started my first campaign with 3 of my eighth grade friends ( I was in 8th grade) Their hero choices were Mak, Diala and Gideon I chose Tech Superiority. The first day we did four missions.
They were annoyed at losing Aftermath and thought I was too Over Powered. After that day, it fell apart, that was the only time all three were there and then the Finale only had one person there and it was the Weiss one, and that was the end of their story.
In the Summer I got Twin Shadows, Boba Fett and C-3P0/R2-D2. My Cousin came over for a week and we played a core campaign with twin shadows integrated, Gideon Fenn Biv and Jyn, I chose Military Might. I also included my two younger brothers (8 and 10).
From my youngest brother whining when losing missions but everyone else was in good spirits. I went easier on some missions and harder on others. And I let them win the campaign (Darth Vader Finale)and it was all good.
My Friend (previous from the first Campaign) I let be imperials for a mini campaign, I chose Fenn, Jyn, Saska and Diala and he (sigh) chose Subversive Tactics. First day we did two missions and I wiped the floor with him. He wanted to do something else so we played other games.
The next time we meet I had gotten all of Waves 1 and 2 (and painted them) and it was after the start of the new school year (9th grade). He remembered his abilities and I beat him on Canyon Run. But on the last round he was not forgetting anything. So I lost the campaign. shake
After that I started playing a core campaign after school with my younger brother (now 11) and it went smoothly with him. I beat him at the end (Weiss one again).
Now I am doing a Hoth one with my two younger brothers but the 8yo is in and out. But I think that this is a great game and I love it. Looking forward to Jabba's Realm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
legobaldguy206 wrote:
On April 10th I received Imperial Assault for my birthday and since, I've been playing it a lot. I started my first campaign with 3 of my eighth grade friends ( I was in 8th grade) Their hero choices were Mak, Diala and Gideon I chose Tech Superiority. The first day we did four missions.
They were annoyed at losing Aftermath and thought I was too Over Powered. After that day, it fell apart, that was the only time all three were there and then the Finale only had one person there and it was the Weiss one, and that was the end of their story.
In the Summer I got Twin Shadows, Boba Fett and C-3P0/R2-D2. My Cousin came over for a week and we played a core campaign with twin shadows integrated, Gideon Fenn Biv and Jyn, I chose Military Might. I also included my two younger brothers (8 and 10).
From my youngest brother whining when losing missions but everyone else was in good spirits. I went easier on some missions and harder on others. And I let them win the campaign (Darth Vader Finale)and it was all good.
My Friend (previous from the first Campaign) I let be imperials for a mini campaign, I chose Fenn, Jyn, Saska and Diala and he (sigh) chose Subversive Tactics. First day we did two missions and I wiped the floor with him. He wanted to do something else so we played other games.
The next time we meet I had gotten all of Waves 1 and 2 (and painted them) and it was after the start of the new school year (9th grade). He remembered his abilities and I beat him on Canyon Run. But on the last round he was not forgetting anything. So I lost the campaign. shake
After that I started playing a core campaign after school with my younger brother (now 11) and it went smoothly with him. I beat him at the end (Weiss one again).
Now I am doing a Hoth one with my two younger brothers but the 8yo is in and out. But I think that this is a great game and I love it. Looking forward to Jabba's Realm.

Awesome man! It's great to have a fellow teen geek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There aren't enough of us I feel. Too many at my school would rather play video games then real games. Also, none of my LGSs play imperial assault.
(Darn Magic Nights every other night)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, great to see someone closer to my age.
(I need to work on focusing on positives)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for my son to have your age and play with him

For the moment he is like your youngest brother (they have the same age) and I cannot keep him focused for long.

Don't give up though. I am pretty sure that sooner or later you will find a group of people willing to play boardgames rather than video games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's unfortunate how many people let losing even a single game frustrate them. I guess it's important to stress how the dynamic during a campaign can greatly shift, and that the extra goodies from winning a few missions in a row aren't too much of a "rich get richer" benefit in the grand scheme of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
It's unfortunate how many people let losing even a single game frustrate them. I guess it's important to stress how the dynamic during a campaign can greatly shift, and that the extra goodies from winning a few missions in a row aren't too much of a "rich get richer" benefit in the grand scheme of things.

I know! My gaming group gave up on the game because the IP won 2 games in the same night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico P
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

I know! My gaming group gave up on the game because the IP won 2 games in the same night.

Yep this is why I always make sure to tell players (if fresh-new) to not be discouraged if they lose, and I promise to kick in houserules if one side loses 3X missions in a row
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

I can't blame him. I used to get pretty heated when losing a pokemon battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.