Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lane
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Game number 19
I just got this in the mail from CSi. My wife and I gave it a go and had a great time with it. We just got into board games so our experience is not up to par as some of you. I got my butt kicked, but I see so many ways I could have done better. If I can teach this to a few other players I think this will be one of the best games I've played so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanejoe wrote:
Game number 19
I just got this in the mail from CSi. My wife and I gave it a go and had a great time with it. We just got into board games so our experience is not up to par as some of you. I got my butt kicked, but I see so many ways I could have done better. If I can teach this to a few other players I think this will be one of the best games I've played so far.

Oh no... welcome to your new addiction. Whatever you do, don't go near Kickstarter

Great to hear - lots of friendly people here, and if you have any questions, the Scythe Facebook group is also very active and friendly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/scytheboardgame/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
Lanejoe wrote:
Game number 19

Oh no... welcome to your new addiction. Whatever you do, don't go near Kickstarter

Great to hear - lots of friendly people here, and if you have any questions, the Scythe Facebook group is also very active and friendly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/scytheboardgame/

(Also if you post rules questions to the rules forum here, they'll get answered pretty quickly too, and if it wasn't Jamey or Morten that got there first, they'll usually be along shortly after to give official confirmation.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome ! Hope you enjoy the game as much as we do ! Don't forget that you can use the automata to make more players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanejoe wrote:
Game number 19

Welcome to the hobby, I'm happy to hear that enjoyed playing our game.

As Stephen said, we at Stonemaier Games and the awesome BGG community are here to help you, if you have any questions regarding the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes: welcome to the hobby, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

I found that I learned so much from my first game that I then carried over to my second. I played solo, with the Automa to learn it so I could teach it better and actually finished the whole game as I was enjoying it so much and the Automa plays really well, once you get used to its nuances. That game gave me so much experience that I soundly beat my friends when we played together, without even me realising how far ahead I was. They both enjoyed it and I expect them to be a lot more challenging when we next play.

On the BGG site, in general, if you have any questions on any game, it's a great place to ask. I know it's not perfect, and there are some altercations that occur, but on the general scale of Internet forums it's got to be one of the most friendly and helpful sites I've been on, and there are some wonderfully friendly and helpful people on here. One of the particularly cool and useful things is that many of the game designers, being gamers themselves, are on here and many of them monitor their own game forums so you can often get proper official answers to quesions that you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.