Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this had a hard start date and then all the sudden they pulled it and said that the date would be announce in a future update. We're now over halfway through November and a month later than the expected campaign launch. All this is to preface the question... what happened?

-Was this because of the number of Kickstarters that they would be competing with?
-Was this because of the delay of projects such as Masmorra and Arcadia Quest and Xenoshyft?
-Was this some sort of rework on the product itself?

#WhatHappened

I'd love an official response but I'm sure that's unlikely because companies don't always disclose this kinda thing. I'm aware the boardgame community is different, better even, so I'm taking a shot. I'm just baffled especially because it's a product I'm super excited about. I'm sure it's worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking what is on Kickstarter right now, November is a very crowded month...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was mentioned by one of the devs in the Rum and Bones comments that it was "an internal decision". That's all I've seen so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokai Quest's starting today, so, NOPE, don't need to spend more money. Oh, and Kingdom Death Monster starts next week.

For the tax year, it's usually better (for small companies, at least) to start in January, so you can avoid inventory tax and write off this year's expenses to this year's income. Getting their existing KS out the door is a *really* good idea if they want to avoid taxes -- and warehouse costs.

The Chinese have something like 50+ holidays, plus additional time the factories give them so they can go back to their families. That's two months of shutdowns, although one of the months is October?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Yokai Quest's starting today, so, NOPE, don't need to spend more money. Oh, and Kingdom Death Monster starts next week.

For the tax year, it's usually better (for small companies, at least) to start in January, so you can avoid inventory tax and write off this year's expenses to this year's income. Getting their existing KS out the door is a *really* good idea if they want to avoid taxes -- and warehouse costs.

The Chinese have something like 50+ holidays, plus additional time the factories give them so they can go back to their families. That's two months of shutdowns, although one of the months is October?

I wish I didn't know about Yokai quest. It is not on BGG yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
I wish I didn't know about Yokai quest. It is not on BGG yet?

Looks like I and another backer submitted a request for an entry for Yokai Quest. btw, You still have time for a Yokai Quest EB! Also see update 1 to get two more characters unlocked: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1372111648/yokai-quest/...

Looking forward to World of Smog as well, of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.