Subject: What should I buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erick Sais
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own any WoW sets yet and now the mini's have come out. I heard there's no "deluxe" set in english.

What is the best combo to buy for a 4 player game?

I want to get 4 minis and all the cards needed to play a 3d game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fairley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Toronto - Ottawa - Seattle - Abu Dhabi
mbmbmbmbmb
From other threads it sounds like you need:

Wings of War: Famous Aces
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9203

The English Miniature Rules
http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=2658

4 Wings of War Miniatures (Your choice of what planes to get)
Noble Knight ($10.95) are out of Fokkers already.
Funagain ($9.60) seems to have a bunch
Fair Play ($8.45) seems to have a bunch

I'd get the Mini's from wherever you can first, as they're "flying" off the shelves (sorry, couldn't resist)

j.,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bostich wrote:
I'd get the Mini's from wherever you can first, as they're "flying" off the shelves (sorry, couldn't resist)

j.,

Boo! Hiss! Groan! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also try mustbuygames.com aka Board & Bits. They are nice and had a stock left when I placed a late order for mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, "four player" and the fact that there are 4 different types of minies available might suggest the obvious conclusion, "one of each."

Actually, I find the SPAD is not a very "fun" plane to play in a small game. Very fast, but very slow to turn. Yes, you can Immelman right around but that is still limiting (and being predictable is not a good thing.)

With a large group, the SPAD can zip around and has a fair chance of catching targets and being able to get out of harm's way.

With a small group, it's tough. (4 players = 2 targets)

The Tripelane and Camel will let you get close and hang on. It's like a knife fight in a phone booth. (Okay, maybe a more graceful dance than that. But it's intense.)

The Albatross is "in between." Not as fast as the SPAD but does not turn as well as the rotary jobs. It's a nice in-between plane. (And if you have Burning Drachens, you can use the Alb DIII maneuvers for a change of pace-- a little less speed and a little more turn.) udet's Alb, with Maltese rather than Greek crosses, makes a slightly better D-III.

If you are looking for variety, go for one of each-- of course. Some people pick "the man" and some pick the pretty paint scheme. (The Belgian camel is nice!).

If you want a good 4 player/plane game-- and really never expect to have more than 4-- you might consider 2 camels and 1 each of the Germans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sais
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input.

I went to a local convention in LA and WoW was sold out. So I'll be going to a local retailer, I can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls