Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since BGG 2.0 I think the number of comments like

"Bought at XY"
"Traded away"
"gave to John"
"Want to play"

are rapidly increasing. People don t care about it what the public can see is one explanation. The other is that the Private Section of the games is still not well known. And if someone knows the Private Section its not that easy to make it visible as a column.

So my proposal is that the Public Comment section should be equal to the Private section, which is only possible that the Private comment section should also show up at the same time AND the Collection List of each gamer should include the Private comment section.

OR

Give us a filter where I able to see only comments with more than x words.

I hope I ve explained it in a good way, what I think is getting more and more a problem the longer the admins wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can you spare half a
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
montsegur wrote:
Since BGG 2.0 I think the number of comments like

"Bought at XY"
"Traded away"
"gave to John"
"Want to play"

are rapidly increasing.

I can't remember that this was less of a "problem" five years ago. These comments aren't useful for someone researching a game, but you can't regulate people's use of their comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
I agree that this needs sorting out—if anything because it is hard for people to search and tag and filter their own comments—and it probably will get sorted out once the UI is updated. But you're going to have to be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montsegur wrote:
Since BGG 2.0 ...
I cannot agree that there is any connection.

Quote:
Give us a filter where I able to see only comments with more than x words.
Now here is something I think I have seen growing, with both complaints about the Comments, and complaints about Hotness: "The crowd is doing something that interferes with my view of the system. Please write some code to hide it from me."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
montsegur wrote:
Since BGG 2.0 ...
I cannot agree that there is any connection.

I ll ask Scott directly .

Another option would be to sort the comments by length like WhattoPlay does it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.