GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,995 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Pax Renaissance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling Queens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I sell married queens like any other card? Would be strange: get an empire via Coronation and then just sell the Queen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Hellberg Hellberg
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:
Can I sell married queens like any other card? Would be strange: get an empire via Coronation and then just sell the Queen...

Well she might die and her assets fall into the hands of the regent, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:

Thematically, you are surrendering influence with the royal pair, so I don't like the spectacle of disowning just the queen.

In the living rules, I have changed selling to something I find more thematically satisfying:
E3. Sell card.
Discard a card and receive 2 Florins from China. The card sold must come from your Hand or your Tableau. If the latter, Discard all Queens, Vassals, and Tokens on the sold card. A coronated pair (I1) must be sold as a set, for 4 Florins total. See “Discard” in the glossary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes more sense. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.