lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Anyone on board with extensive knowledge of Bizzaro plot-lines, themes, motifs and character-arcs?

If so does 2016, with Brexit and now Trump, seem to be following a Bizzaro strange attractor?

How are the threats of Bizzaro overcome in the Superman universe?

Any recomendations on how we, in 2016 sans Superman, best proceed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools

If the years have blunted the "Bizzato" word synapses maybe these flavourimages will get things reconnecting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It only appears "Bizzaro World" to those trapped inside of their PC cocoons. From the outside it appears as an inevitable consequence of governing with self-imposed blind spots (see first comment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
The eight years of Obama in power where we ignored terrorists and prosecuted ops for doing their job was bizzaro world.

Here is an image of the Obama team ignoring a terrorist:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
The eight years of Obama in power where we ignored terrorists and prosecuted ops for doing their job was bizzaro world.

Are you of the opinion that Michael Flynn is a good choice in a new more effective approach against terrorism?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
deadkenny wrote:
It only appears "Bizzaro World" to those trapped inside of their PC cocoons. From the outside it appears as an inevitable consequence of governing with self-imposed blind spots (see first comment).
I can see that Bizzaro world is the product of the failure of mainstream political parties to remain relevant to voters. I am puzzled why you think you are outside Bizzaro world though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
Anyone on board with extensive knowledge of Bizzaro plot-lines

Probably the same boys in RSP who have never seen a vagina..

Dude, seriously.. Comic books are for 12 year olds, its time to put them away and move out of your parents basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
Pinook wrote:

Dude, seriously.. Comic books are for 12 year olds, its time to put them away and move out of your parents basement.
I'm asking for info on a nearly forgotten comic universe and therefore I'm heavily into comics?

You're just pretending to be channeling Bizzaro right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Pinook wrote:

I'm asking for info on a nearly forgotten comic universe and therefore I'm heavily into comics?

Uh, yes?

"I'm asking about a tiny niche part of a hobby that even most hobbyists have forgotten about. How could you say I was into that hobby?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Terwox wrote:
Pinook wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Pinook wrote:

Uh, yes?

"I'm asking about a tiny niche part of a hobby that even most hobbyists have forgotten about. How could you say I was into that hobby?"

So if I asked about Italian political history in the years leading up to the election of Mussolini then I must be really into Italian political history?

I'll run an experment and get back to you with the results - give it time to percolate into my neurones.

Anyone seeing the election of Trump as having uncanny parallels to quantum mechanics? If so please share any suggestions about what we should do.

There we go. Null hypothesis: No change in my pitifully limited understanding of quantum mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Pinook wrote:

this wouldnt be funny if it werent posted to a site called boardgamegeek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

Ignored terrorists? Should we resurrect Bin Laden for you? How about taking back all those drone strikes? Rescind the air campaigns and special ops support in both Syria and Iraq? How about pulling back support for the Iraq army trying to wrest back Mosul?

Do you remotely consider the facts before posting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

Ignored terrorists? Should we resurrect Bin Laden for you? How about taking back all those drone strikes? Rescind the air campaigns and special ops support in both Syria and Iraq? How about pulling back support for the Iraq army trying to wrest back Mosul?

Do you remotely consider the facts before posting?

"Obama kills more people and fights more wars than Bush EVAR did"

"Obama ignores terrorism and is a secret Muslim"

Look, you only get to get pick one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Pinook wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

brkmrtn wrote:

this wouldnt be funny if it werent posted to a site called boardgamegeek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only bizarro world is Washington DC and Wall St, its bipartisan Bubble Finance MO, ZIRP, endless QE, crony capitalism that benefits the politically connected establishment that is working on the next big financial collapse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Saergent Rock!! Hell yeah.
I have the faintest memory of having read one of thos and being puzzled by Rock's emotional flatness. Looking back I think "flat affect" - psychosis?

The ones I remeber reading had more lines like,"Take this you damn Kraut" or "Die Nip bastard".
A d maybe that dialog is inaccurate and rather my recreation today of the passion which possessed the characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools

Maintaining close cultural and economic ties with Japan while engaging with their newfound defense capabilities is the aim of every modern Australian government. In the background however are memories, actual and imagined of a time not that long ago, in jungles not that far away.

It'd be nice if Trup's legacy doesn't have kids born today reading similar comics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.