2 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Triggered Action - who is who? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduard Shishkanov
Russia
flag msg tools
1) What its mean? I dont understand "Triggered Action" from FAQ. Many card block "Action just trigger", but we donw know "who is who".

Example - Corrupt this unit. Deal 1 damage to target unit. This is triggered action?

2) Friedrich Hemmler - his ability work on all unit (my and enemy?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Molleda Garcia
Spain
Carbajal de la Legua
Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trigger are usually costs or conditions that a card need to make its effect. This leads to two different situations, the triggered card effect, and the triggered action. A triggered card effect happens when you do something (usually paying costs) to fullfill an action. A triggered action happens, when you wait for something to happen on the board and then resolve the action:

Jezzail Team

Corrupt this unit to deal 1 damage to target unit in any battlefield. -> is a triggered card effect, corrupting a unit is a cost. If you manage to uncorrupt the unit, you could repeat the effect since you are paying again for it.
NOTE: Triggered card effects are usually worded with this formula "do X to do Y", I cannot find any card worded as your example, missing the "to".

Friedrich Hemmler

When this unit is opposed in combat, deal 1 uncancellable damage to all attacking and defending units. -> is a triggered action since being opposed is a condition. Can only happen once per triggering condition (being opposed) and once pre triggering action (Friedrich's action itself)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.