$35.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Campaign Play Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do unspent clue tokens carry over into the next scenario?

I assume earned assets & weaknesses in the play area, stay there for the next scenario?

Do allies that are added to your deck, the last hand of cards you had when completing the last scenario, and any upgraded items etc. all get shuffled together to create a fresh starting deck? Or do you keep your existing hand of 8 cards for example, and shuffle the remainder?

Many thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unspent clues are discarded.

All assets and weaknesses are shuffled back into your deck, play area is wiped between scenarios.

Basically, everything resets.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be changes to your deck, primarily through Experience but also potentially from cards gained during the Scenario itself (there is an Ally that can be added at one point, for example). Experience and other changes will be explicitly spelled out in the Scenario. Everything else resets, as Twitch_City says.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
What if investigator would get madness card during some scenario ? Would it be included in next scenarios?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guciomir wrote:
What if investigator would get madness card during some scenario ? Would it be included in next scenarios?


Yes, unless the Scenario specifically says otherwise (like "This Weakness is added to the Investigator's deck until the Scenario is over")
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank-you, it does help a lot!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
Can anyone point to where this is specified in the rulebook?

Seems like it would make the game more thematic if everything carried over, including wounds and clues. The game would really tell more of a story in that regard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xord wrote:
Can anyone point to where this is specified in the rulebook?

Seems like it would make the game more thematic if everything carried over, including wounds and clues. The game would really tell more of a story in that regard.


How would clues carrying over be more thematic?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
It wouldn't.

It would be like "I learned about fishing in previous mission, so in next scenario I can go for dragon hunt"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guciomir wrote:
It wouldn't.

It would be like "I learned about fishing in previous mission, so in next scenario I can go for dragon hunt"


Exactly! You get clues for that specific scenario. Those clues does not help when the problem is different.

Like a detective that collect clues about Kennedy murder.
Those clues are not useful when he investigate the Burglary in the drug store 50 years later. Those case are not connected... or are they... Hmmm... have a new theory about who killed the JFF Kenedy!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xord wrote:
Can anyone point to where this is specified in the rulebook?


Rules Reference page 27, Setting Up The Game, is very detailed and assumes Campaign Play in which the "Game" being set up may be a Scenario after the completion of a previous Scenario. The circumstances in which an Investigator may start with Damage or Horror are mentioned, as is the location of all Resource, Clue, and Doom tokens.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question, but it just keeps nagging at me and I can't find a satisfactorily clear and definitive answer: when playing in Campaign mode and starting any Scenario after the first, do you start with no starting cards and resources (this is how I've been playing)? Or do you begin with a "starting hand" of 5 and "starting resources" of 5 like you do for the first Scenario?

Thanks for your help. Great game, by the way, even though I've been getting pummeled so far in my first Campaign using Daisy Walker...!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elad wrote:
Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question, but it just keeps nagging at me and I can't find a satisfactorily clear and definitive answer: when playing in Campaign mode and starting any Scenario after the first, do you start with no starting cards and resources (this is how I've been playing)? Or do you begin with a "starting hand" of 5 and "starting resources" of 5 like you do for the first Scenario?

Thanks for your help. Great game, by the way, even though I've been getting pummeled so far in my first Campaign using Daisy Walker...!




On page 27 of the Rules Reference it says that "To setup a game, perform the following steps in order". Steps 7 and 8 state to collect starting resources and draw opening hands. Since each scenario is a separate game, then you should do these steps for each scenario.

Your way is indeed much tougher.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Seems like it would make the game more thematic if everything carried over, including wounds


Seems like it would be impossible to begin a new scenario with 1 or 2 hit points left! (I don't know about you, but I spend my character's health/sanity like they were currency )

But "wounds" do carry over, in a fashion: if your character is defeated (that is, reached their maximum damage or horror), then they will begin the next scenario with a trauma. I imagine in a full 8-arc campaign, our characters will be racking these traumas up like crazy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericdrum wrote:
Elad wrote:
Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question, but it just keeps nagging at me and I can't find a satisfactorily clear and definitive answer: when playing in Campaign mode and starting any Scenario after the first, do you start with no starting cards and resources (this is how I've been playing)? Or do you begin with a "starting hand" of 5 and "starting resources" of 5 like you do for the first Scenario?

Thanks for your help. Great game, by the way, even though I've been getting pummeled so far in my first Campaign using Daisy Walker...!




On page 27 of the Rules Reference it says that "To setup a game, perform the following steps in order". Steps 7 and 8 state to collect starting resources and draw opening hands. Since each scenario is a separate game, then you should do these steps for each scenario.

Your way is indeed much tougher.


Thanks! That'll sure make things a bit easier. I'll go back to that second Scenario with Daisy then, giving her a fair chance this time...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.