Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross-posting this from Deathwatch Overkill.

Sorry if this is old news. White Dwarf is available November 25. Lots of Blood Bowl content, but the preview also lists the following:

"New Rules – for Warhammer 40,000, Lost Patrol, Imperial Knights: Renegade and Deathwatch Overkill."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Cross-posting this from Deathwatch Overkill.

Sorry if this is old news. White Dwarf is available November 25. Lots of Blood Bowl content, but the preview also lists the following:

"New Rules – for Warhammer 40,000, Lost Patrol, Imperial Knights: Renegade and Deathwatch Overkill."

New news to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my issue this morning.... The new rules for Lost Patrol seem to be for turning it into a proper multi player fest... Haven't read through the new stuff yet but it proudly announces " Survival of the Fittest - a game for 2-6 players"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
Just got my issue this morning.... The new rules for Lost Patrol seem to be for turning it into a proper multi player fest... Haven't read through the new stuff yet but it proudly announces " Survival of the Fittest - a game for 2-6 players"!

I really need to take out a sub. I've bought three of the last four issues for the awesome content, which is a good ratio. Getting the magazines a week early is also a nice bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip-off on this.

Rancemeister wrote:
"Survival of the Fittest - a game for 2-6 players"!

Sounds like they've published the rules that were used during the in-store "Suffer Not The Alien To Live" event back in the summer. Wonder if they've changed anything...

IIRC it involved dividing up the scout models between players, then scoring points in various videogame-achievement-style ways (for both GS's & scouts). If scouts die, their player joins GS side & split the models between GS players.

Nothing too ground-breaking, though you could compare scores after your scouts have been murdered & you've swapped sides (as an alternative to simply counting the number of tiles you explored).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the quick scans of this new issue, it really doesn't disappoint. Lots of stuff for the new edition of Bloodbowl (obviously) but some great extras for a few boxed games, some new stuff for 40K, some amazing stuff about the new Thousand Sons and a massive Blanchitsu article (not to mention a load of other stuff) all add up to possibly the best issue so far. Sure, no gimmicky freebies on the cover, but lots within the pages.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I really need to take out a sub. I've bought three of the last four issues for the awesome content, which is a good ratio. Getting the magazines a week early is also a nice bonus.

Over here in the US I'm getting mine consistently at least a week later than the stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone confirm if the survival of the fittest are in fact the "Suffer Not The Alien To Live" rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.