5 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: token/skill questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
androner lcoyn
msg tools
Hello i have some questions.

1- Which way do the used trog tokens work?
a. there is a draw and discard pile for trog tokens, when you place a new token you draw it from draw pile. When a token is used they go to discard pile. When draw pile is empty you shuffle discard pile to make a new draw pile?

or

b. there is no discard pile. when a token is used it is shuffled back to draw pile?

2- What happens if trog tokens needs to be placed but all of them are on the board? (never happened, but just in case )

3- human artillery and watchtower tokens. if there is a battle on the regions which there are these tokens, but between non-humans. do they get discarded after the battle even they are not used or do they stay on the region anyway?

4- is there a limit for human artillery and watchtower tokens on the board?

5- do the skill needs to be used during your 1 of 3 actions phase, or can you used them anytime during a turn? (during the battles for example) (data extraction is passive so this question is not relevant with that skill)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
androner wrote:

a. there is a draw and discard pile for trog tokens, when you place a new token you draw it from draw pile. When a token is used they go to discard pile. When draw pile is empty you shuffle discard pile to make a new draw pile?

or

b. there is no discard pile. when a token is used it is shuffled back to draw pile?

2- What happens if trog tokens needs to be placed but all of them are on the board? (never happened, but just in case )

3- human artillery and watchtower tokens. if there is a battle on the regions which there are these tokens, but between non-humans. do they get discarded after the battle even they are not used or do they stay on the region anyway?

5- do the skill needs to be used during your 1 of 3 actions phase, or can you used them anytime during a turn? (during the battles for example) (data extraction is passive so this question is not relevant with that skill)

Thanks

1.) You reshuffle if you run out.

2.) Nothing happens, there is nothing to place.

3.) They stay until a human involved battle takes place, and they are ignored until such battle.

4.) Yes, three each. But if you want you may activate the proper structure and "move" one of the proper tokens to another legal region.

5.) Skills must be used during your turn, in the Actions phase, you may not use them outside of the action phase or your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
androner wrote:

or

Thanks

3.) They stay until a human involved battle takes place, and they are ignored until such battle.

4.) Yes, three each. But if you want you may activate the proper structure and "move" one of the proper tokens to another legal region.

5.) Skills must be used during your turn, in the Actions phase, you may not use them outside of the action phase or your turn.

Are you sure about #3?

I don't recall the text on the cards exactly but I think they say the next time a battle occurs in the region you resolve the tokens...

So, if there's a battle in the region and the artillery token (for example) is there it will be used by the Humans even if they aren't involved in the battle...

They will only be able to resolve their token after the other two factions resolve their part of the battle, if there are units left then they get to eliminate 2 of them and score 2 points (if I'm recalling correctly the power of the artillery).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
jmathias wrote:
androner wrote:

or

Thanks

Are you sure about #3?

I don't recall the text on the cards exactly but I think they say the next time a battle occurs in the region you resolve the tokens...

So, if there's a battle in the region and the artillery token (for example) is there it will be used by the Humans even if they aren't involved in the battle...

They will only be able to resolve their token after the other two factions resolve their part of the battle, if there are units left then they get to eliminate 2 of them and score 2 points (if I'm recalling correctly the power of the artillery).

They are only resolved in battles involving Humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.