Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Agius
United Kingdom
Brentford
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So it came up today that the Strategic Territory came up in Age 4, and the question is what do you do regarding the drawing of 5 military cards, since there are obviously no cards available to draw.

I would normally lean toward it being nothing, except the event Politics of Strength allows the strongest civ to draw 5 military cards and the weakest to lose 3, stating if it occurs in the game ending age then Culture is scored and lost instead.

So I am now curious if that should also apply to The strategic territory and it becomes worth 5 culture in age 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you get nothing.

Politics of Str has a very specific line about that. The reason is because the card would be of zero benefit to the military leader otherwise

Strategic territory still gives 4 str and a colony (for impact) so you are still getting something from it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.