Subject: Exploration tile orientation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Yeager
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
The Brenn chooses a location for the newly explored territory, does she also choose how the tile is oriented? Territories have to touch two others, but sometimes, depending on how a tile is laid, it may or may not touch a third tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brenn places the tile as they see fit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brenn chooses the location, the explorer places the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Who places the Clan,the Brenn or the explorer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
JaspeLoedm wrote:
Who places the Clan,the Brenn or the explorer?

The explorer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Yeager
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
So,the Brenn doesn't get to specify how the tile is oriented, just the general spot? Thanks for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will C
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Based on the wording of the card itself (English version), I have to disagree with this post. I have not had a chance to review all of the message boards, but I have reviewed the rule clarifications provided by Christian.

"The Brenn chooses an empty location adjacent to 2 territories."

Going off of this wording, the Brenn is really selecting the adjacent territories. While the Brenn does not physically place the tile, in effect he/she does. That said, I know what you're thinking- that regardless of who plays the card, anytime this card comes into play it creates a ridiculous advantage for the Brenn. Truth.

We kind of balance it out, by adding our own little caveat: the Brenn must select a location adjacent to at least one territory in which the other player has at least one clan. This sort of balances things out a little bit- albeit The card still leans in favor of the Brenn, and when in the hands of the Brenn it is an overly powerful card.

Alternately, it could be looked at like this- this card in particular is a reason to contest the current Brenn. There are some minor advantages to being Brenn elsewhere in the game, but they are rather limited in scope. In this particular case, the Brenn has a huge advantage. So really, this card is exactly why you want to hold the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.