Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Beefing up Dr Doom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
I know this sounds weird but I forgot Doom was in the Core set. There's been dozens of schemes and hundreds of cards since his appearance...any recommendations on beefing him up or making him more challenging? (Schemes, villain card combos, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Don't play with any tech heroes.
2. Tyrant Mastermind Challenge Mode (thematically appropriate for Doom) gives +3 Power to the Mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning on the Master of Tyrants with Galactus, Apocalypse, and Red Skull, and using the Heralds, Four Horsemen, and Hydra as Villains.

I have to see how it plays but it should be harder and make him the Eminence Gris manipulating the other Masterminds.

The other way is, sadly, the Difficulty levels giving him more strength. But I play with a lot of different people, and so I never want to open that Pandora's box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, use the Crack the Enigma Code scheme from the Captain America 75th Anniversary expansion, if you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
1. Don't play with any tech heroes.
2. Tyrant Mastermind Challenge Mode (thematically appropriate for Doom) gives +3 Power to the Mastermind.
i think the official rules go up to +5 or +6, and i do this quite often with most of the core masterminds to make them actually challenging
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Do you know about the Custom Card Database? If you haven't, you should check it out soon. There are gigantic amounts of Heroes, Villain teams, Masterminds and so on there, and many designers have tried to make versions of the Base Set Masterminds that feel more appropriate for the first four.

There is also God-Emperor Doom, for Doom of the most recent Secret Wars, and he was designed to be a nightmare.

Personally, I favor the Dan Hogan version of Red Skull (who is powered by Wounds) and Doom (who can't be beat up if any Doombots are in the City), the MavMan version of Magneto (immune to Attack from Tech cards) and the version of Loki that has Attack 11 and passes your most expensive card to the next player (in addition to the check for a Strength card or gaining a wound).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.