Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I was searching for something, to compare prices, to make sure the game trade I was going to do was a good deal and I found the Buy.com site.

It states that if you sign up for the Google Checkout, you automatically get a $10 off coupon for your first purchase.

I figured I would post it up, if anyone was interested, or so people can give feedback if this is a legit deal.

http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?sku=202997355&SearchEn...

If you click on the "what's this" above the Google Checkout square it opens a smaller window.

Here are the "Terms and Conditions"
https://secure.buy.com/corp/legal.asp

Is this a good deal or is there something hidden I am not seeing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a Christmas present from Toys-R-Us back in December and used the Google Checkout discount. It was legitimate, and worked just fine. When I paid through Google the total was discounted immediately, so no rebates to worry about...

Just my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
It's legit. I did the Christmas $20 off of $50 deal. Worked great; better than Paypal's rebate, which is also legit, but it takes awhile to get your rebate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saved a ton at holiday time. There was no limit on how many times you could use it then. But well worth it even if just for a new user.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Collins
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Legit and well worth it. I use googlecheckout when i get the chance now.

I used this 10 dollar coupon on a dvd rw 16x external that was on sale at buy for 50 bucks. The coupon gave it to me for 40 and i got free shipping still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does work but watch your credit card statement. They double-charged me and when I contacted them, I was told it was a normal and just a quirk of the Google Checkout process and it wouldn't go through. Of course, it did. I had to have my credit card company reverse it (which was done without a problem).

Hopefully, that was a fluke since it was new but I did think it was unacceptable that they said it was 'normal' to see two charges. I mean, I understand Beta software but when you are charging credit cards, you'd best do better QA than that.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
It's legit. I did the Christmas $20 off of $50 deal. Worked great; better than Paypal's rebate, which is also legit, but it takes awhile to get your rebate.

I never did receive my paypal rebate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls