$20.00
$5.00
Matthew Morris Tobin
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have many of the different Class Decks, and each one usually has an alternate build (Skills/stats, Powers, and Cards Lists feats), and usually two or three other characters who also differ in their feats. If you enjoy playing a particular Class, it's typically worth the money to get their Class Decks.

Additionally, Class Decks come with a range of cards that help out that Class.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Class Decks are not really updated characters, they are just alternate versions of the characters with slightly different skills/powers, but still mostly balanced. You can use either one that you like.

You also are not required to buy the Class Decks to use the characters in home games, they are mainly just for League play. You can download the character sheet for most of the Class Decks from the Paizo website and just use a figure or other card to proxy for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So those sheets are at:

http://paizo.com/pfsacg/resources

You have to register, but it's free. I don't remember if you get any email by default, by you can turn that off if so. I haven't noticed any spam.

It's true you can play the class deck characters using just the sheets.
A few classes are going to want cards from their class decks:
Gunslingers -- only S&S has guns, so in other sets you need the class decks;
Alchemists -- most sets won't quite have what they need;
Witch & Summoner -- these sets have cohorts you won't find elsewhere. If you can get the text for the cohorts you could just proxy them, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a little frustrating watching Paizo publish new class decks every month without completing their commitments around DriveThru Cards for organized play scenarios and errata decks.

I know it's different people working on the projects; but I haven't played S&S, WOTR, or any of the organized play scenarios because it would be stupid to do so now with all the promises of "something's coming to DriveThru cards soon" (then rinse and repeat every 3 months.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it's frustrating, but I don't understand not playing.

Sure, it's a better experience to have the errata'd cards. But in general the errata aren't essential.

For organized play, I just do a quick search on the forum before playing each scenario. One could do the same for the base set.

I actually haven't seen a lot of promised dates on the Paizo forum. Vic's been saying for awhile that November is the earliest he could get to it.

Not having the S&S errata out is really puzzling, I admit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got other games to play and painting miniatures/creating PACG guides cuts into my leisure time, so waiting's not a big deal for me. My friends and I don't use mobile devices, so looking something up before/during play doesn't work for us.

Right now I'm not spending any money on PACG products until I get the errata'd S&S cards and possibly the organized play cards. There's no point spending more money with 2 games and 3 Organized play adventures to go through first.

As far as S&S not being out, it's not too puzzling to me. Paizo expanded the reach of the Adventure Card game line (minis, organized play, class decks) along with other changes to the RPG line, so it's eating up the time that would have been spent on errata cards which doesn't pay Paizo's bills. Bug fixing is never sexy and rarely rewarded in most workplaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anybody stumbles across this thread, I think part of the errata hold-up is being caused by the class decks. They increased the coupling of the Base Sets, since each class deck can be used with any base set. This means corrections to the class decks have to work with all the games, which makes alterations more difficult.

DriveThruCards will only accept one batch for each base set too, so Paizo might be "making it count" by waiting as long as they can before releasing updated cards. I don't know why Paizo couldn't submit individual cards through the Community Card Creator, bury additional card corrections in the class deck update (yes this is for ROTR, but we need to make the changes for the Inquisitor deck), or just insert them in a future base set update since the card backs are the same anyway; but whatever, I don't know what's in the contract they signed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.