Imperial Settlers» Forums » General

Subject: Infinite loop as the Romans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Bishop
msg tools
Playing the Romans I have:

Trade Colony - Production: 1 Worker and 1 Gold

Porters - Action: Spend 1 Food to choose any of your PRODUCTION sites and gain the Goods it provides

I have 2 gold to start. Use an action to spend 1 gold for food and gain 1 worker/1 gold. Rinse repeat.

Pretty sure this is a straight forward infinite loop. I haven't found anything on the forums other than the Japanese/Barbarian empty deck loops.

Am I missing something that would stop this from happening? The Porters don't say "May be activated twice," so on and on it goes.

Note: I'm playing this solo, but I feel like it would work in multiplayer after everyone else had passed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't activate a building more than once per round unless a card let's you specifically do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
msg tools
Yes but each turn, I activate the building once. You have infinite turns when you are solo/everyone passes.

Edit: For example. Say I have:

Gladiator School - Action: Spend 1 worker and gain 1 raze token.

Are you saying that if I had 4 workers, I couldn't end up with 4 raze tokens, taking each action once per turn, over 4 sequential turns, during that round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the round definition again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
msg tools
Got it, yeah, missed that part. So no, I can only get 1 raze token from the gladiator school and only activate porters once for the 1 worker/1 gold.

Thanks for the prompt responses you two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Richelieu00 wrote:
Yes but each turn, I activate the building once. You have infinite turns when you are solo/everyone passes.
I haven't played solo, so I don't know whether you have infinite turns or not. But you only have 5 rounds (marked on the scoring board). You can only activate special abilities, once or twice (or whatever specified on the card) per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Richelieu00 wrote:
I haven't played solo, so I don't know whether you have infinite turns or not. But you only have 5 rounds (marked on the scoring board). You can only activate special abilities, once or twice (or whatever specified on the card) per round.
the rounds are the same for solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.