China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Box 5 Spoilers/Rule 23 Spoilers
This is about raiding the Temple at Arados. It has a plunder value of 10 and the island says that you place permanent stickers instead of tokens (which is great since everyone only has 8 tokens). My question is this: A plunder value of 10 means that we should need to place 10 stickers if successful. The island only has 6 spaces for stickers. The rules seem inconsistent as to what to do next. On page 11 the rules say that:
Quote:
If, through an unplanned course of events, you are required to place an enmity token you do not have you lose one glory for each token you cannot spend.
It only specifies a token.

During the End of Game section the rules state that:
Quote:
If all six enmity stickers in a region are your and you need to add more, instead lose 1 glory for each enmity sticker you can't place.

But this seems to only be for the end phase.

My only interpretation of the rules would be that whoever raids the Temple will lose 4 Glory. The milestone for raiding the Temple is worth 5 Glory, but it would seem that a province would automatically lose 4 of it by plundering the plunder value of the Temple. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the exact same question. Nobody has been able to do it yet, but we were planning to play it as:
The player who conquers it fills up all 6 enmity sticker spaces. Nothing beyond that. We talked about the losing 4 points, but I thought it was too much of a big deal to only gain 3 points (1 for successful raid + 1 for colony + 5 for milestone - 4 for excess enmity)
(Side question: Do you get 1 point for owning this colony? I can't remember and I don't own the game.)
It would be really nice to get an official ruling for this one though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary g
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From someone who says from JR:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24254983#24254983

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
We have the exact same question. Nobody has been able to do it yet, but we were planning to play it as:
The player who conquers it fills up all 6 enmity sticker spaces. Nothing beyond that. We talked about the losing 4 points, but I thought it was too much of a big deal to only gain 3 points (1 for successful raid + 1 for colony + 5 for milestone - 4 for excess enmity)
(Side question: Do you get 1 point for owning this colony? I can't remember and I don't own the game.)
It would be really nice to get an official ruling for this one though.

Just a clarification:

You will not get a glory for raiding the colony on the same turn you raid the Temple. The milestone is for raiding the Temple. You get one glory for the successful raid, a matching good from the supply, and the 5 glory for the milestone. Rule 23 says that the Temple has to be raided before the colony is conquered. If on a later turn you conquer the colony you should get a glory for having another active colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right Vince, good call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.