$5.00
$20.00
Craig Stosser
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, wouldn't that just make them mediums like in CC:A?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the implication is
Red = 4d
Blue = 3d
Green = 2d

at least that is the conjecture
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe heavies get an extra block?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that infantry is going towards the stats in BattleLore (the current C&C medieval rules). Heavy/Medium/Light infantry in BattleLore roll 4/3/2 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since armour is significantly more important to the period, I'd expect four dice for mediums and heavies, but heavies can handle additional damage. Whether that's through ignoring the first crossed sword result, having an additional block or whatever remains to be seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
I'm guessing that infantry is going towards the stats in BattleLore (the current C&C medieval rules). Heavy/Medium/Light infantry in BattleLore roll 4/3/2 dice.

Yes, that's my take on it too. The dice reduction is to make the rules more in line with BL 1, which worked very well I might add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soltan Gris
msg tools
In Command and Conquer Ancients, I was thinking of making a house rule that all Heavy Infantry would attack with 4 dice, just like Medium Infantry, and they take(immune) no Cross Swords damage due to their heavier armor.

Maybe this is the concept of wearing heavy armor verse medium armor? Plate verse Chain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd envisioned the "rank' system from Samurai Battles.

In close combat, Heavies ignore 1 sword from attacks by Mediums, 2 swords from attacks by Lights.
Mediums ignore 1 sword from attacks by Lights.

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.