Duel in the Dark» Forums » General

Subject: Attack question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the PDF rules from Z-Man some time ago and have read and re-read the rules several times. But I still can't figure out what happens when the planes attack each other. Is the interaction subtle and I just missed it? Can you shoot down an enemy plane? I just don't get this part of the game. Maybe they updated the PDF with more rules?

But it looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. Solo play also sounds like a gas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tritone wrote:
I downloaded the PDF rules from Z-Man some time ago and have read and re-read the rules several times. But I still can't figure out what happens when the planes attack each other. Is the interaction subtle and I just missed it? Can you shoot down an enemy plane? I just don't get this part of the game. Maybe they updated the PDF with more rules?

But it looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. Solo play also sounds like a gas!

*****You don't shoot down planes as the piece represents many planes. What you get is VPs. COmbat happens like this:

When fighters enter a hex containing the Mosquito there is combat and the Mosquito scores VPs for Britain.

When the bomber enters a hex with fighters there is combat and the Germans score VPs.

When the bomber enters a hex with flak there is comabt and the Germans score VPs.

There is no dice rolling involved - the interactions happen when planes enter a certain hex and then VPs are scored based on the plane(s) that entered the hex and what is in the hex.

Also read the example of play which has combat examples.

Hope this helps.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls