Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
73 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Specter Ops» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Mistergreen vs JonathanStarr rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What side do you want to play?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
I wouldn't mind the hunters, if you're good with that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That works for me. What hunters do you want?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Objectives:
NW 1d6 = (3) = 3
NE 1d6 = (5) = 5
SW 1d6 = (3) = 3
SE 1d6 = (2) = 2
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 984858. Mistergreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • NW
  • Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 984859. Mistergreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • NE
  • Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 984860. Mistergreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • SW
  • Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 pm
  • [+]
  • 984861. Mistergreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • SE
  • Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 pm
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also since we are doing this with the honor system I could post my moves as the agent using
Spoiler (click to reveal)
spoilers.


It would make the game easier to follow in real time for any observer that may show up and perhaps make it easier for you to go over where I was after the game is over. The only drawback is that a miss click could give you more information than you wanted...

So what do you think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
Sure, sounds good.

Also are we using promo cards?

I'll choose The Puppet and The Beast.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agent and equipment picked:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Blue Jay, Holo Decoy, Smoke Grenade, Adrenal Surge

Agent rd1:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
J4


If you use the motion tracker with the car in the N or O column:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Movement is detected to NW.


The default state of the agent is unseen so I will only point out when the agent is seen instead of typing Not in LOS all the time (or so I hope).

Feel free to do move both hunters (if the first ain't a unanticipated motion tracker), if your first move spots the agent will we'll rewind at that point.

Good luck and have fun.

Also if you don't want the promo cards in the mix let me know and I may change my equipment. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
- The Beast moves the car from K17 to N11.

- The Beast get's out of the car at N10.

- The Puppet uses the motion sensor: "Movement is detected NW."

- The Puppet stays in the car.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agent rd2:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
G4


If motion detector is used (in N11):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Motion detected to the NW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
(let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly Also forgot to say, yeah we can use promo cards. Never used them before.)

The beast moves from N10 to J5.

Where I move puppet depends on if clear or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No line of sight.

As I said before you can do both your moves and if the first hunter spots the agent we'll rewind and you redo your second move. The exception may be motion detector and enhanced senses since your second move and subsequent readjustment of that move may give me hints of where you think I am.

If the hunters spots the agent however it doesn't really matter if I get that hint since now you know where I am!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
Ah, I misunderstood. Got it. Well for motion detector, at least you're giving me an option to use it if it remains in it's space. So I can take a look when I do use it and adjust accordingly as I'm doing the turns. I'll be honest with it, of course.

The Puppet moves the car from N11 to O8

The Puppet gets out at N8
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes I should be able to "prepare" for the motion detector, as long as the Beast ain't in the car.

Agents rd5:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
C5 - Playing it safe so far


Motion detector @O8:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Movement detected to the NW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
(can't help but add some flare )

- Puppet stares down the empty roads, every shadow garnering his attention- every sound making him turn his head. He waits patiently at N8, whistling a lullaby. While he stands guard, he blasts the motion detector yet again, just to feel at ease. "Movement Detected to NW" it tells him.

- Beast lifts his body, shifting his weight around in place, looking left and right. He growls as he moves three spaces from J5 to G4. He takes in a big sniff into the air, using his Enhanced Senses to see if the agent is close...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes there is something there, a smell of anxiety perhaps even a bit of fear. The Beast growls in frustration; the blasted air conditioning needed to keep the servers cool are messing with his sense of direction. But someone is certainly here.

The agent is close.

Agents rd4: (for some reason I labeled rd3 as rd5)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
C5->B9


Agents spotted. Last seen token at B8.

Optional rule: The agent's identity is revealed only if spotted during the hunters turn. Being spotted during the agents turn only leaves a last seen token.


Been awhile since I played last so I don't remember if this is an official rule change or a house rule. Nevertheless it ain't how the original rules are written so I'm fine with skipping it either way.

If you are used to playing this way and/or wish to play this way this game then proceed. Otherwise take a peek at the Agent:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Blue Jay


Motion Detector @O8:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Motion detected to the SW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
(I believe it's an official change. I have a more recent version of the game and it states to place the figure with the last seen token, but it also states optionally you could place without the figure. I prefer with... hope you don't mind)

Puppet leans against the car, still whistling his lullaby with his digital voice. He looks down the roads, making sure to check every which way, knowing north and west were most important.

"The agent is close," Beast tells Puppet over the comms.

Just then, a figure darts across the road, west from his position. Puppet stands at attention, recognizing the agent's female figure and glowing devices. "Agent Blue Jay located! She crossed the road! Last seen location is B8!"

- The beast rushes to catch up, and bolts across the road, every footstep shaking the ground. He moves from G4 to E9. He's too out of breath to be able to take a good sniff.

- The Puppet runs with a swift grace as he goes from N8 to L12.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's good.

Agent rd5:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
B9->A12 Double back? Nah lets press forward!


Motion detector @O8:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
South West
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
She had hoped to sneak past that rust bucket. As the thunderous footsteps of that mutated monstrosity came closer Blue Jay realized these weren't regular Raxxon goons. Perhaps this facility contained greater secrets than anticipated...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
The Beast's heart raced. Raxxon was an unforgiving Corporation. The secrets in this facility were more than just about profit. It was about their livelihood. Raxxon would not be forgiving if they lost it's secrets.

And Blue Jay was a cunning agent- Both the Puppet and the Beast knew they were in for a long and difficult night.

- The Beast kept running as quick as he could, hoping to catch the agent. He swerved through the structures, and came to a stop to see if he could see the agent- move from E9 to B13.

- Meanwhile, the Puppet kept trying to move as quickly as he could, and lined himself up on the road again- move from L12 to J15.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agent rd6:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
A12->C12 Time to spend some resources and change direction.


Smoke grenade deployed in E16. Two toys left.

Motion Detector @O8:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
South West
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
A bang reverberates through the air as the whole road seems to envelope itself in smoke. "Smoke Grenade! I can't see anything!" The Puppet tells the Beast over comms.

- "I'll try and find her," The Beast snarles. The beast pushes forward and moves from B13 to F17, right into the smoke, hoping to run right into the cunning agent.

- The Puppet lingers for a moment, unsure if the smoke grenade was a ploy or not. He decides to stay put at J15, and instead brings the car to him. He opens up the holographic Control Relay as it lights up in front of him, and he steers the car down the road. The car moves from O8 to K16 and parks itself, the engine still running. The Puppet waits for the smoke to clear- hoping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agent rd7:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
C12->B14 Slow progress


The smokes clears no agent to be seen.

Motion Detector @K16:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
No movement detected

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
*cough* *cough* The beast clears his throat as the smoke disappears. He growls as he notices he's alone. "She's not here!" Growls the Beast, just as he thought he had her.

- "Hold on, let me see if I can find her," The Puppet responds. The Puppet uses the Motion Detector: No movement detected. "She didn't move enough. Try and sniff her out."

- "I'm on it you tin can." The beast moves from F17 to D18. He uses his Enhanced Senses, taking a big sniff to see if the agent is close.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Jakobsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sniff! Sniff! Yes it the same scent just a bit more frightened.
Agent is close.

Agent rd8:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Staying at B14. Can't get much worse.


Movement Detector @K16:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
No movement detected.


Incoming message: All kinds of shit are lighting up! They'll have that sector closed off in no time. Better hurry up!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
- The Beast snarls, "she's close... really close... I can smell it." He pushes through the structures and moves from D18 to B20. He takes another sniff in the air, using his Enhanced Senses.

- The Puppet would be worried at this point, if he weren't a robot. "Let me try again," he said, using the Motion Detector: No movement detected. The Puppet clenched his fists. Worried she might get the slip on them, he entered the car parked at K16.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.