$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: How Chinese Colonization Will Crash the World Economy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a joke?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Accordingly with "Blade Runner", then by 2019 they'll also CAUSE "incessant rain in Los Angeles" whilst 'confining smog indoors', so, there's SUCH upon looking forwards too! surprise
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
whac3 wrote:
Is this a joke?
And an 'hour later', you'll want some "riddled axiom"! robot
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
@ whac3: Is it a joke to you? Watch the video and decide.

I personally saw it as an interesting perspective on the growing but under-reported trend of neo-colonialism. I also thought that this growing issue might be something that the American moderate Left and moderate Right, just might agree on.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
Watch the video and decide.

How about a textual recap? I'm not going to watch a random ten minute YouTube video.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico mcflico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinese money... so hot!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico mcflico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
@ whac3: Is it a joke to you? Watch the video and decide.

I personally saw it as an interesting perspective on the growing but under-reported trend of neo-colonialism. I also thought that this growing issue might be something that the American moderate Left and moderate Right, just might agree on.


Do you also approve of this message by the same guy:

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
Chinese money... so hot!!


I want it... I need it... I yuan for it.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
@ damiangerous: No, I will not recap. I would do no justice to BPS' presentation of information, nor be able to condense it while retaining academic integrity. If you have no interest in the subject, it is as simple as moving on to the next RSP post.

@ spoon: In observation yes. Can you logically and with intellectual integrity dismiss any of the claims he made in the video you mention? Or is your goal simply to associate me with an emotionally unpopular video to discredit information provided unrelated to it?

If the former, explain (after you watch his two follow up videos to it). If the latter, your sophomore debate tactics will have no effect on me. I will appreciate any sound logic you will promote however, regardless.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
@ damiangerous: No, I will not recap. I would do no justice to BPS' presentation of information, nor be able to condense it while retaining academic integrity. If you have no interest in the subject, it is as simple as moving on to the next RSP post.

@ spoon: In observation yes. Can you logically and with intellectual integrity dismiss any of the claims he made in the video you mention? Or is your goal simply to associate me with an emotionally unpopular video to discredit information provided unrelated to it?

If the former, explain (after you watch his two follow up videos to it). If the latter, your sophomore debate tactics will have no effect on me. I will appreciate any sound logic you will promote however, regardless.



"Sound logic" like "since women are human, just like men, they are equally capable of participating in representative government?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i hate these far-right big government countries like china
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
@ rylfrazier: Capable? I do not think you will find many people who disagree with that that. The argument in that video is the evidence that a further biological imperative influences them differing from what men would decide (not negating a man's biological imperative). Watch that video and follow ups before drawing any conclusions rather than headline reading news. Often they are not what they seem. (MSM repeated)Slogans and demagoguery are the detriment to anyone's cause.

@ single sentences: Lol, touche!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
@ rylfrazier: Capable? I do not think you will find many people who disagree with that that. The argument in that video is the evidence that a further biological imperative influences them differing from what men would decide (not negating a man's biological imperative). Watch that video and follow ups before drawing any conclusions rather than headline reading news. Often they are not what they seem. (MSM repeated)Slogans and demagoguery are the detriment to anyone's cause.

@ single sentences: Lol, touche!


I did watch the video. His core premise is that men built society so they could share women within a structure although their biological urge is to have as many women as possible.

In order to do this, men create a society in which female sexuality is controlled by men. This is his vision of ideal western society - a land in which women get no sexual autonomy or legal power because they can't handle either responsibly, only men can.

He then takes the position that if women get any power they begin attempting to destroy society unconsciously because they can't stop themselves from seeking out "alpha males" which of course he's terrified are represented by the "other" in this case muslim males, and that they intentionally destroy society so they can get raped a bunch by said alpha males.

It's typical MRA bullshit. I've heard it all before and it's the same nonsense this time as it has been every other time.

Here's the problem:

If you assume that men can defy their biological urges and create a society in which women are shared, even though their impulse is to fight other men all the time and rape all the time, doesn't it seem reasonable to also assume that women can defy their biological urges and create a society in which they aren't controlled by men and a structure made by and for men, but also don't get raped all the time?

Because I think they probably can.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
@ rylfrazier: First go watch the other two follow ups to complete the information you are immediately missing, as I suggested.

Second your initial claim is yours not his. Point out where in the video that men's "biological urge is to have as many women as possible." That is your pre-meditated thought, not the one in the video. This at least allows me to understand the color of the rest of your thoughts however.

Observed throughout history you see this example of men building civilization. Unwin's book was a test on the theory that repressed sexuality leads to massive growth in civilization. It has been articulately demonstrated. Can you counter that equally as well?

You have a large leap in logic which sounds emotional rather than logical in the call for women to chose their rapists. He states that this is his predicted end result, that the choices of a feminized society will lead to an exploitable opening by current dominant cultures. He points out an easily observable point in that Islamic immigration is an example of that. If the two mix further the result will be the rights previously won by women being taken from them by the new dominant culture.

Again your closing point is your personal observation informed on your own, not from the video. I disagree with the claim that all men desire multiple partners. Evidence against it? Research the neuro-hormones; oxytocin and vasopressin in relation to pair bonding in mammals.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
@ rylfrazier: First go watch the other two follow ups to complete the information you are immediately missing, as I suggested.

Second your initial claim is yours not his. Point out where in the video that men's "biological urge is to have as many women as possible." That is your pre-meditated thought, not the one in the video. This at least allows me to understand the color of the rest of your thoughts however.

Observed throughout history you see this example of men building civilization. Unwin's book was a test on the theory that repressed sexuality leads to massive growth in civilization. It has been articulately demonstrated. Can you counter that equally as well?

You have a large leap in logic which sounds emotional rather than logical in the call for women to chose their rapists. He states that this is his predicted end result, that the choices of a feminized society will lead to an exploitable opening by current dominant cultures. He points out an easily observable point in that Islamic immigration is an example of that. If the two mix further the result will be the rights previously won by women being taken from them by the new dominant culture.

Again your closing point is your personal observation informed on your own, not from the video. I disagree with the claim that all men desire multiple partners. Evidence against it? Research the neuro-hormones; oxytocin and vasopressin in relation to pair bonding in mammals.



He specifically states that the purpose of western society is to prevent infighting between men who would otherwise generate harems, and that this was a system created by men and only by men to prevent competition for women between men and prevent the formation of harems, that is the accumulation of large #s of women by single men.

As far as Unwin's book goes, sexual domination of women by men isn't a prerequisite for a sexually chaste society, even assuming that unwin is correct which is far from proven.

I'm a big believer in pair bonded relationships, but if you believe his position that pair bonding is not the base state of humanity but must be created by men then defended from them evil women-folk who want to destroy it, how do you square that up with the fact that sexual exclusivity has benefits for both the man and the women which are both biological and social. Yes, there are other pressures on both genders, but they aren't unique pressures, and just like men can overcome their urges to seek out do violence and have multiple sexual partners, women are capable of overcoming whatever biological urges his paranoid, xenophobic mind has conjured up for them to justify his pathetic fear of non-western culture, non-patriarchal culture and immigrants.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
@ rylfrazier: Thank you for the MUCH more articulated response!

Again, the claim that men will form harems is not his, he states that women will chose harems given the choice. Men respond by creating an organization of a nuclear family for an equal society (which spawns interest in the social cohesion, productivity, and success of said civilization).

If Unwin's theory in "Sex and Culture" is far from proven, please provide equally scholarly counters to the experiment. I am simply unaware of high level academic counters to the findings.

His claim leans towards women being the dividers of pair-bonding and explicitly explains why (they are biologically programed to be). Not that all humans are polyamorous in nature or origin. Truly you should watch the other two videos. We also are not speaking of exceptions to the case but, by and large, men and women as creatures throughout history and modernity and observations made of them. Anecdotal evidence is not legitimate evidence because it is not scientifically observable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
@ rylfrazier: Thank you for the MUCH more articulated response!


That's "articulate."

This is "articulated":

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
While you are not wrong, neither am I in its use!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/articulated
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
Ashgrove wrote:
@ rylfrazier: Thank you for the MUCH more articulated response!

Again, the claim that men will form harems is not his, he states that women will chose harems given the choice. Men respond by creating an organization of a nuclear family for an equal society (which spawns interest in the social cohesion, productivity, and success of said civilization).

And here I always thought that it was women who somehow got the 1 man -- 1 woman marriage rule. Prof. Helen Fisher has theorized that human pair bonds have been a part of human society since homo erectus times or even earlier.

It has been observed that women can't share a man, they are jealous and fight & squabble among themselves. [This is as a general rule, not universal.]

I theorize that multiple wives is a response to a chronic sexual imbalance with more women than men. This can occur in a nomadic tribal society where raiding kills a lot of men leaving a surplus of women. In this situation there is no need to defend in place, the assets of the tribe are animals and women. Both of which can be moved away and hidden.

OTOH, early farming societies were likely to practice female infanticide to keep population growth in check and concentrate the tribe's resources on raising boys to be warriors to defend the crop land, which must be defended in place. This results in a shortage of women to be wives and a surplus of unmarried men.

So, I guess that there are alternate theories and none can ever be proven. Since none can be proven to be the way it actually happened, can we fairly base our lives today on any theory of how it happened.

And anyway, we don't live in those early times anymore. So, why should we arrange our society around those people's responses to the problems they faced and the available tech they knew and could work with?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This picture is of the American politician, abolishinist, and Bowie knife duelist; General Cassius Marcellus Clay... Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Steve1501: Great response. I do not disagree at all with Fisher on that. Those changes occurred during the time of social stratification in response to adapting to the newly used and growing agricultural societies. Exceptions in history might be found in your also mentioned nomadic post-HG societies, but I think they were only those, rare exceptions.

The only flaw I see in your argument is that there would be a gender imbalance in the infanticide scenario you present. IF there was a need for men for protecting the resources, then those men would balance (or sway further OPPOSITE direction) into casualties, if not unto death, but into injury NOT drawing a mate as a result. This could be also be a theory to the origin of harems, or polygamy.

I also agree that we can NOT prove any of the theories correct. However I do believe that through critical analysis of the information we have presently we can provide the most likely answers. This will evolve as we discover more. We have a large amount of history and archeology as well as gigantic amounts of demographic studies in the modern sense. It is not hard to come to the same conclusion as BPS.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, since the presentation of BPS' argument was NOT in favor of harems, but against them. Elaborate?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Ashgrove wrote:
While you are not wrong, neither am I in its use!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/articulated

what is the deal with you always refusing to use common definitions~
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
Ashgrove wrote:
@ Steve1501: Great response. I do not disagree at all with Fisher on that. Those changes occurred during the time of social stratification in response to adapting to the newly used and growing agricultural societies. Exceptions in history might be found in your also mentioned nomadic post-HG societies, but I think they were only those, rare exceptions.

The only flaw I see in your argument is that there would be a gender imbalance in the infanticide scenario you present. IF there was a need for men for protecting the resources, then those men would balance (or sway further OPPOSITE direction) into casualties, if not unto death, but into injury NOT drawing a mate as a result. This could be also be a theory to the origin of harems, or polygamy.

I also agree that we can NOT prove any of the theories correct. However I do believe that through critical analysis of the information we have presently we can provide the most likely answers. This will evolve as we discover more. We have a large amount of history and archeology as well as gigantic amounts of demographic studies in the modern sense. It is not hard to come to the same conclusion as BPS.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, since the presentation of BPS' argument was NOT in favor of harems, but against them. Elaborate?


If the object was to keep the population constant or slowly growing [with the understanding that there would be times when too many would die from disease or drought], then about half the girls might be killed and still achieve that goal.
. . This is based on records from colonial America [US} when women had an average of 8 children, of which half died from childhood disease, etc.; leaving 4 grown to adulthood. This doubled the population each generation. In the early farmers' case, having just half as many women who still had 8 children and half of them still died then that would leave still 4 per woman, but each adult woman had a dead "sister," so that would leave 2 each per pair of women. So, the population grows only slowly.
. . Therefore there would be twice as many boys/men as women/girls. I doubt that a tribe would lose half its men without also losing the war and its land. So, some unmarried men would remain in the population.

..................................................................
I also doubt that we can decide [anytime soon] which theory is the most likely. What we decide is what "feels best to us in our present situation". Different times, nations, cultures will therefore decide different theories seem the best fit. This is not a good way to decide what theory to base our decisions on.

....................................................................
I have seen it argued that women marry beta men but cheat with alpha men to get the best of both ways. They get some children with the "best" men and get stable support from a '2nd rate' but still pretty good man. My response to this is a law that requires the gov./insurance to pay* for a paternity test on every child born. This way everyman would know that his wife's children are also his.
. . If the child is not his, the wife would have to try to name the father, and he would be tested. If he was the father then he would have to pay the couple child support. If the father can't be found then [something].


. * . If the tests were done in mass the cost would come way down. Look how fast the human genome was completely 'listed'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
Ashgrove wrote:
...snip...
Anecdotal evidence is not legitimate evidence because it is not scientifically observable.

Then "historical evidence "is also not legitimate evidence because it is not scientifically observable.

But, we have to use historicl evidence because it is all we have.

Anecdotal evidence is often put down, but for 100,000 (plus) years it is all fully modern humans had to go on. Only for the last few hundred years has science been a 'thing'.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
Ashgrove wrote:
@ whac3: Is it a joke to you? Watch the video and decide.

I personally saw it as an interesting perspective on the growing but under-reported trend of neo-colonialism. I also thought that this growing issue might be something that the American moderate Left and moderate Right, just might agree on.


Do you also approve of this message by the same guy:

:
Interesting. I won't bother to refute or contextualize many of his misrepresentations, one by one. However, as an overall comment, I will say this: what the world needs more than anything else is a growing consciousness of the oneness and wholeness of the human race -- the growth of an all-embracing loyalty to the entire human race. If we take his video at face value, he's saying that women will be better than men at helping us make this all-important transition. In other words, we have in our civilization a population group which is admirably equipped -- better equipped than the current wielders of power -- to help our race make the transition to the next great stage in the development of civilization on this planet. The good news is that this group isn't a minority in our population: it comprises roughly half the population! Women!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.