7 Posts

The Others» Forums » Variants

Subject: Faith team order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Has anyone considered house ruling the turn order for the faith team. Under the rules, you choose a start hero for each round and then continue clockwise until the all actions are used up and the round ends. Then a new start hero is chosen.
I'm considering having no order at all for the heroes; any hero can be chosen to act on any given turn as long as it has an action available.
It would give The Faith team more opportunities to utilise their strengths and abilities in a more concerted way, rather than simply being at the mercy of the order they're forced to play in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a lot of people wanting to houserule this game.
I understand the wish do to this, although I basically never do this myself. Sounding like a fanboy here, but I do feel myself that the game is 'right' (if there ever was such a thing). Balance towards the bad guys is not necessarily a bad thing.

That aside, if it suits you better, go ahead!

But, the abilities of the heroes are actually quite strong (when picked right). Giving the FAITH players the opportunity to further maximize this, will give the sins player a very hard time.
If everyone agrees, it might be worth a shot. I do think it would reverse the balance to the FAITH players (they have such annoying abilities ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're struggling to beat the sin player, perhaps a house-rule such as this will improve things, at least until you're beating the sin player > ~45% of the time.

I suggest not allowing a hero to take two consecutive turns, providing other heroes still have turns remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've only had a solo run-through to get familiar with the rules before running a game with my regular group.
It wasn't a question about difficulty, just my initial thoughts over how the system works regarding the team dynamic.
I'll be sticking to the standard rules unless it all goes to he'll in a hat.
Just curious how others with some game time had found it.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't think this would be too bad to implement providing you only allow players to use their 2nd action after everyone has used their first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
I don't think this would be too bad to implement providing you only allow players to use their 2nd action after everyone has used their first.
I agree with that. Also, prepare for much longer games. Way longer if your players like to min/max things. With some people I play it can easily add one hour to the game, possibly even more. Also keep in mind that the longer the game plays, more frustrating it gets when the overlord has a lucky play (After half an hour of discussions, you finally make the move and the hero dies because of three successive explosions on a fire check. Another half hour goes rethinking all strategies and discussing who should move now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, good advice. My group can over think things at the best of times so best not to give them more opportunities
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.