$30.00
Llessur Nosnikliw
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played with the restriction of just the core set and the current cycle (the complete cycle of player cards)?

Regardless, how difficult of an idea is this for the dream chaser cycle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of great Noldor support, I think it would be doable (but difficult), like most/all big-box/cycle + core set combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I know a lot of players recommend playing in order of release and, to a degree, they have a point regarding difficulty. However, as a late-comer to the game, I've just bought entire cycles (+corresponding deluxe expansions) as I find them available and haven't had any issues with the game seeming to be unfairly difficult.

I initially started with the core set and the heirs of numenor content (against the shadow cycle). Yes it was pretty tough, but I was able to complete all of them on normal difficulty eventually.

Just my opinion, but if you really want to play the dream chaser cycle, then go for it. Might be difficult, but it won't be impossible. The challenge in this game is a big part of the appeal (to me anyway). It wouldn't be a deck building game if you didn't have to fine tune or rebuild your deck to deal with the scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.