Subject: 10th Anniversary Reprint Announced by Ravensburger USA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Ravensburger USA has been using the alea branding but it's not clear if that continues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
(this thread repeats some news already posted elsewhere in some game threads, but for some reason those threads are not showing as updated on the main game forum page ...some sort of bug...a nice summary of the news in the news section is still appropriate, right guys?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
(this thread repeats some news already posted elsewhere in some game threads, but for some reason those threads are not showing as updated on the main game forum page ...some sort of bug...a nice summary of the news in the news section is still appropriate, right guys?)

Just to complete your post, here are pictures of all the included expansions:

The 9 "New Persons" expansion and I guess the 9 "Newer Persons" expansion:

The Castles of Burgundy Expansion included in the new Notre Dame reprint:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of our favourites. Will gladly pick this up for the expansions and pass on our 1St edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there's any chance it will be updated to support 6 players? I've heard it plays well with 6 and in a market where so many games cap at 4 or 5, it could be a good selling point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:

What is this? Expansions for CoB and Notre Dame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info yet on what some of the new persons do? I have the extra cards that came with treasure chest, but another 9 just further increases the variation. Excited to hear of more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
I wonder if there's any chance it will be updated to support 6 players? I've heard it plays well with 6 and in a market where so many games cap at 4 or 5, it could be a good selling point.

According to the back of the box picture posted above, no it will still support 2 to 5 players.

BaSL wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

Yes, they will include an expansion (a mini expansion, like 10 cards) that seem to add a new gameplay mechanics to The Castles of Burgundy. But we still don't have more info on it yet.

liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
Any info yet on what some of the new persons do? I have the extra cards that came with treasure chest, but another 9 just further increases the variation. Excited to hear of more.

It seem that it's the picture above. That what I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
Cerberus777 wrote:

BaSL wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

Yes, they will include an expansion (a mini expansion, like 10 cards) that seem to add a new gameplay mechanics to The Castles of Burgundy. But we still don't have more info on it yet.

I assume this is for the card game and not the board game then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the pictures, but was keen to know what the newer persons can actually do. The only new one I can fully see is the one on the far right of of the A set. Looks like he is able to put a cube from General Supply into Notre Dame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdobby wrote:

Nobody knows for now. I guess it's not, since the card backs doesn't match the card game. Though it could be a card-based mini expansion that work for both games. That would be cool.

Edit: Typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdobby wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

BaSL wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

The Castles of Burgundy expansions is for the board game, the card game doesn't have colours of good tiles and does not have hexes on the iconography.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
katanan wrote:
sdobby wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

BaSL wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

The Castles of Burgundy expansions is for the board game, the card game doesn't have colours of good tiles and does not have hexes on the iconography.

Sweet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
katanan wrote:

Great! I never played the card game so didn't saw this. Thanks for pointing out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is great news!
I'm so glad I didn't trade for the old one, or pay for an import.
Hooray!
Taking off my 'want in trade' list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as I've made arrangements to buy the original second hand, lol. I will still buy the old, then get this after it's released, hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would the "New Persons II" be available separately for those of us who already have the game and New Persons I? I'd hate to have to buy a new game just for a few cards, but I'd love to have those cards for the added variety and replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
dannyduck wrote:
Would the "New Persons II" be available separately for those of us who already have the game and New Persons I? I'd hate to have to buy a new game just for a few cards, but I'd love to have those cards for the added variety and replayability.

I think I read someplace else that all the expansions will be made available separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannyduck wrote:

A post did mention that they might be available in the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
To answer some of the questions asked in that original post, these new editions of Notre Dame and In the Year of the Dragon will bear the same numbers in the alea big box series as the original releases. These expansions — both the new ones and old — will likely be available separately, possibly through the BGG Store, according to Ravensburger's Florian Baldenhofer, who I spoke with at BGG.CON 2016.

See here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/59689/game-previews-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
Quote:
To answer some of the questions asked in that original post, these new editions of Notre Dame and In the Year of the Dragon will bear the same numbers in the alea big box series as the original releases. These expansions — both the new ones and old — will likely be available separately, possibly through the BGG Store, according to Ravensburger's Florian Baldenhofer, who I spoke with at BGG.CON 2016.

See here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/59689/game-previews-b...

Let us hope dearly that this holds true!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Cerberus777 wrote:
[q="apotheos"]

If I had to guess what this was, I'd say each player gets a card and can somehow activate each ability once during the game by placing the appropriate colored good on a spot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

If I had to guess what this was, I'd say each player gets a card and can somehow activate each ability once during the game by placing the appropriate colored good on a spot?

You don't have to guess, the brief description is at the link above your post:

Quote:
What's more, Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary will include a small expansion for The Castles of Burgundy called Trade Routes. The gist of this twelve-card expansion is that each player starts with three cards in a row above their player board, with each card depicting three actions. When a player takes the first action depicted on their leftmost card, they receive a bonus and cover this space; when they now take the second action, they receive a bonus and cover this space; etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Glad8r wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

You don't have to guess, the brief description is at the link above your post:

Quote:
What's more, Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary will include a small expansion for The Castles of Burgundy called Trade Routes. The gist of this twelve-card expansion is that each player starts with three cards in a row above their player board, with each card depicting three actions. When a player takes the first action depicted on their leftmost card, they receive a bonus and cover this space; when they now take the second action, they receive a bonus and cover this space; etc

Ha, awesome. Seems pretty random, not sure I like it. I guess we'll find out cuz I'm still going to get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orpheus
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I've been spoiled because a number of Anniversary Editions of classic Eurogames have featured updated art assets and components. If this also included an artistic overhaul by an artistic genius such as Vincent Dutrait (eg. the new Medici) I would gladly buy a second copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.