Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathew Schemenaur
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm confused on the use of LUF. There are LUF markers. When I fail an activation check on the LUF, do I set the LUF marker there or pull something from the union force cup? Does the LUF move after me or just some union force pulled from the cup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ferro
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mb
LUF markers should never be in the cup. All they do is mark spaces which have become new LUF spaces due to random event cards, and never move once they're on the board. The four spaces which can become new LUFs are marked on the board with flags.

Whenever you are marking which spaces need activation checks, a LUF space is always considered to be "unrevealed" so it is always eligible to be activated if adjacent to an active unit or a combat. For a normal Union space, you would place a Revealed marker after the first time a unit was drawn for it. After that, only already-drawn inactive units could be re-activated in it and the space itself would never be rolled for a new draw again that turn. Since a LUF space never gets a Revealed marker, if an active Union unit is adjacent to the same LUF space over multiple rounds or combats, that LUF space must be checked for yet another activation each time. This is shown in the second example of play, where a 3-strength unit, a 4-strength unit, a blank, and a courier are all activated from the Fort Runyon space over the course of 3 rounds (one extra activation occurs due to an adjacent combat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Schemenaur
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
After reading you post, I realized the I must have missed some the rules. I was trying to play the game as I read the rules the first time. Turns out I didn't understand all of the extra activation checks that were needed, like after combat and between rounds. My mistakes made the game fairly easy. I restarted the game and lost after 2 turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls