Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they'd figured out some way to add in a random Indian attack (where you'd lose cowboys, but maybe gain something if you'd "fought them off") and/or Outlaws trying to rustle your herd...

- my game should arrive within a few weeks, and i already can tell i will love it!! can't wait!
- and i know it's a Euro game, with a tint of deck-building (and other things)...and it appears they've done a great job
- i really can't see any way this game, as is, doesn't end up in my top 5-10...easily
- but if they'd somehow been able to work in some Indian raids, Outlaws...it probably would be a def contender for #1 (for me at least)
- for me it would have added some more theme, some action/risk/conflict...and "made it complete"

maybe an expansion??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't mess with my euro happiness!!

(seriously)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Don't mess with my euro happiness!!

(seriously)

Hey, Troyes is a full-blooded Euro and it has raids you have to deal with. It could be done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Troyes is heavenly, especially with the expansion - no ramparts tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Weber
United States
Coal Valley
Illinois
flag msg tools
I really just love games
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a nice thought but typically the only way to handle this is with random card events. I think the game is amazing as is. So +1 hands off my euro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe:
- add (or adjust an existing) teepee tile(s) with a variable "Indian attack" value; maybe a single roll of a D6 might give you 2-3 "options" (maybe on a roll of 1-2 "no raid", 3-4 "you lose 1 random cattle card to the raid", and a 5-6 "lose 1 cowboy")
- or just add a new colored teepee card to the blue/green to accomplish something like this

- something similar could be done for "outlaws or rustlers"; add a new type of hazard tile to cover this

again...i am SURE i will love this game right out of the box! no doubt...but for me, if i could just add a little more "western cowboy on a cattle drive" theme/tension i'd say "do it"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, more random events (and thus more chance/luck) wouldn't really help the game. There is sufficent randomness already (which cards you draw, which tiles come up from stacks 1/2/3, which cattle is on sale, which objective cards are on display), with card drawing being the most important one as you cannot see it coming.

If you really want to add randomness, you could leave it to the player. E.g. when taking a teepee, the player can either just do it per the rules, or gamble and (try to) take two, with a 1-in-3 chance (or whatever you deem fair) to succeed. But for me, winning/losing because some player did beat probability and rolled a bunch of 6 on a dice (or a bunch of 1 ) would take away enjoyment - Trouble is just so 1960s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't want to add randomness, i wanted to maybe add some minor conflict/action/tension...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Palmer
United Kingdom
Hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However is this game unique ?

i.e. a cowboy game where no one is kill and is awesome!

Don't get me wrong I played 40k for years!

The game is awesome and I have played three times now and still wana play it again! now! whistle

+1 to leave it for now....

My only thing I would want to change is more starting buildings to add variety and not sure if the buildings players have could be a little better, but man this is one great gamemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, more start buildings sounds like a good option, could possibly make some strategies untenable but maybe that is not a bad thing for experienced players, who could then pick the 'right' strategy for the mix of buildings that are out.

Now to come up with a few ideas... that's hard. I'm yet to play this but my copy arrived and should get played soon I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've yet to play with more than half of the existing a+b sides, let alone understand which ones are "strong" or "weak" for a given situation. Thus the urgency of adding even more buildings is low for me. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
I've yet to play with more than half of the existing a+b sides, let alone understand which ones are "strong" or "weak" for a given situation. Thus the urgency of adding even more buildings is low for me. YMMV.

Plus the game flows significantly different just based on the order of the neutral buildings.

Really loving this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.