BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Tuesday Morning] Star Wars Risk, Black Edition--$20 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this isn't a redundant thread, but I just picked this up in San Antonio (Blanco store). New copy in shrink with a slightly dinged corner. If I'm reading the code on the price sticker correctly, I believe this was put out on October 16th, so these have been out there for a month. Might be tough to find. I only saw the one at my local store, but I didn't dig around on the shelves.

I had no idea they were doing Black editions of the games like the Black series action figures. Very nice components. Definitely worth $20.

(For those unfamiliar with Tuesday Morning, it is a regional brick and mortar store found in the US that offers close-out merchandise. I don't believe they sell online, so finding deals usually means visiting a store.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the sku, so we can check stock?

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32571/tuesday-morning-skus...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:

Cool. I wasn't aware of the hotline. Looks like the SKU is 1766977.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed mine back about mid-October. didn't think to post to deals. Be sure to look at the forums for the game. One of the developers posted some fixes and corrections to the rules that really help balance play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brinegar
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually found this thread thanks to a link from an amazon deal thread (I'm a bit behind on my notifications). Thanks to the hotline, I was able to locate a copy just down the street and run down to grab a copy. This is the first time I've actually been able to find a Tuesday Morning deal locally. Thanks everybody for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one too, I can't wait to play with my son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP. I got one for me and one for my nephew for Christmas. I was surprised at how little information is available to the buyer from looking at the box. No wonder it's on clearance. I guess they figured Star Wars and Risk was enough, but they were wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruel Gaviola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thanks to the OP. I picked up the game two weeks ago and finally got to play it. Surprisingly good game! It does a great job of replicating the end of Return of the Jedi.

With Rogue One just around the corner I'm sure my copy will hit the table a few more times. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruelgaviola wrote:
One more thanks to the OP. I picked up the game two weeks ago and finally got to play it. Surprisingly good game! It does a great job of replicating the end of Return of the Jedi.

With Rogue One just around the corner I'm sure my copy will hit the table a few more times. meeple

Got my tickets, Thursday the 15, 7:00 Woot! Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruel Gaviola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
ruelgaviola wrote:

Got my tickets, Thursday the 15, 7:00 Woot! Woot!

Same. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
everything in the NoVa was gone except for vienna, i reserved the copy there for 24hrs, there are shops in MD that has it still for those in the DC area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="rlux202"I was surprised at how little information is available to the buyer from looking at the box. No wonder it's on clearance. I guess they figured Star Wars and Risk was enough, but they were wrong. [/q]

Right?! I'm surprised the packaging is even eligible for a retail release considering the complete lack of info. I had no idea what to expect when I looked it up online while clutching it in the store. LOL

I'm so happy people have found more copies. That's awesome.

I also have my tix, but I opted for Sunday to avoid the opening night crowds. We have a brand new theater nearby that hasn't been grunged up yet. Reserved seats that are motorized recliners (footrests and everything). Posh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found only one copy in Fort Collins, CO. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major thanks to the OP! Didn't even know Tuesday Morning existed. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tucker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Where did you find it? Tried looking in a store here that showed 1 in stock, but didn't have any luck finding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the store I went to it was in a toy section that had a bunch of Star Wars related stuff. It was behind some other toy. The box is black and very hard to notice. But this display looked "ad hoc" by a local worker, YMMV.

GO BACK AND DIG!!

By the way, I found that the Tuesday Morning SKU number checker has a delay in the update. So somebody might have bought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tucker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
anaturalharmonic wrote:
In the store I went to it was in a toy section that had a bunch of Star Wars related stuff. It was behind some other toy. The box is black and very hard to notice. But this display looked "ad hoc" by a local worker, YMMV.

GO BACK AND DIG!!

Down to $24 at Amazon for Prime, so not quite worth it for me to head back and dig vs. just ordering it (trust me, we looked pretty hard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.