Subject: Castle panic $15.74 Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kd314
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
https://www.amazon.com/Fireside-Games-FSD1001-Castle-Panic/d...

Lowest. CSI 24
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I own Munchkin Panic, and while it doesn't hit the table ALL THE TIME, it is one of the few higher player count games in my collection. And, it is fun.

I've seen that there are expansions available for the original game... Is it worth owning both? I watched the "what are the differences" videos from fireside games, and it was unfortunately not helpful. Anyone own both? Would anyone recommend (or recommend AGAINST) it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played Munchkin Panic, but found Castle Panic to be a fun, fairly laid back co-op. Like all co-op's it has the potential alpha gamer problem, but I thought the constant flow of monsters, card randomness and focused choices (No, I want to kill that monster) mitigate that.

The Wizard's Tower expansion apparently makes it an even better game, I own it, but want to wear out the base game before adding it in.

The Dark Titan wasn't as well received but does add variety and is fairly cheap. A third expansion of unknown quality is coming out soon.

For $16 its an excellent game, if you want a fairly light co-op, but if you like Munchkin Panic for the "Munchkin-ness"/Skullduggery it may not be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
I haven't played Munchkin Panic, but found Castle Panic to be a fun, fairly laid back co-op. Like all co-op's it has the potential alpha gamer problem, but I thought the constant flow of monsters, card randomness and focused choices (No, I want to kill that monster) mitigate that.

The Wizard's Tower expansion apparently makes it an even better game, I own it, but want to wear out the base game before adding it in.

The Dark Titan wasn't as well received but does add variety and is fairly cheap. A third expansion of unknown quality is coming out soon.

For $16 its an excellent game, if you want a fairly light co-op, but if you like Munchkin Panic for the "Munchkin-ness"/Skullduggery it may not be worth it.

In experience, the wizards tower upped the difficulty from near 10/10 win ratio to about 6/10 ratio and in doing so really added to the excitement of the game for us. The dark Titan decreased the difficulty brought the win ratio back to near 10/10 again, the cavalier is just to overpowered.

Oddly enough we replaced the game entirely with a game that wasn't received well at all by most anyone, b-seiged. Not that I would recommend it to anyone looking to get castle panic as it is very much more rules intensive, but if you ever get bored of the game and want a similar 'protect the castle feel' on the post graduate level, is a great contender. To bad cmon washed their hands of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stewart
United States
Universal City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Hmm... I own Munchkin Panic, ...

I haven't played Munchkin Panic, but there are no expansions for it, right? The base game of Castle Panic is light fun and a great gateway game for kids around age 6-7. It's perhaps a bit long for repeated play among gamers because it gets a bit monotonous. The expansions really amp it up for gamers and/or older kids, though. There's a lot more chaos overall, and victory is no longer a near-certainty. You can also tune the difficulty by choosing which expansion things to add or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.