$35.00
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How do people physically arrange themselves around the table such that they can all see the app / screen? Does everyone always even need to see the screen? Presume they would to help with solving puzzles?

Thinking of trying to set something up on an iMac (better sound and bigger screen than an iPad) that would be permanently set up at the end of the table. However wouldn't that mean that for much of the 2+ hours everyone would be twisting around to look at the end of the table which might be uncomfortable after a while? How do you ergonimically arrange the players and screen for the higher player counts?

Would an iPad be a better option which can move around? Wouldn't you want it connected to power though to stop it going flat game which might hinder moving it around the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Kerbster76 wrote:
How do people physically arrange themselves around the table such that they can all see the app / screen? Does everyone always even need to see the screen? Presume they would to help with solving puzzles?

Thinking of trying to set something up on an iMac (better sound and bigger screen than an iPad) that would be permanently set up at the end of the table. However wouldn't that mean that for much of the 2+ hours everyone would be twisting around to look at the end of the table which might be uncomfortable after a while? How do you ergonimically arrange the players and screen for the higher player counts?

Would an iPad be a better option which can move around? Wouldn't you want it connected to power though to stop it going flat game which might hinder moving it around the place.

We play on an iPad and project to a big screen via Apple TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some pass the phone/tablet around the table to whoever is taking their turn. Others have a dedicated person handle the app to read the entries and such, and the only time it needs to change hands is when someone is attempting a puzzle.

Whatever works best for how your group wants to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Some pass the phone/tablet around the table to whoever is taking their turn. Others have a dedicated person handle the app to read the entries and such, and the only time it needs to change hands is when someone is attempting a puzzle.

Played 8 times this way. In my opinion the best.
Only one person gets distracted by app, rest can focus on physical conponents and story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy Castro
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried using my Apple TV to project the app but it wouldn't display. Did you have any special setup involved to get it to work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Executioner wrote:
I've tried using my Apple TV to project the app but it wouldn't display. Did you have any special setup involved to get it to work?

Does AppleTV mirroring work for you outside of the MoM App? Before launching the app I turn on mirroring (swipe up from the home screen and select AirPlay Mirroring) and then I start the app. Works flawlessly for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Reid666 wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:

Played 8 times this way. In my opinion the best.
Only one person gets distracted by app, rest can focus on physical conponents and story.

That's the way we do it to, but also have the App mirroring to the TV so people can see/read along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Collins
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A slightly cheaper solution is the av adapter and a hdmi cable. It works when you do not have a wireless network since you have to be on a common network to mirror with Apple TV. One disadvantage is your device is cabled to the tv and you can't really pass it around. However it gives you flexibility to where you play. Perhaps you the owner of the game ha the app on an iPhone but you want to play at a friends place and they don't have Apple TV or a wireless network.
I took my game to the community room of a local restaurant and brought a smallish flatscreen tv. The setup with a power strip, a lightning cable plugin charger , hdmi cable and the av adapter worked great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as others have said- iPad and Apple TV works for me-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.