Hide
5 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » Rules

Subject: Save up your money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica Side
msg tools
Does anyone ever have a house rule where you can save up any money you have not used in a buy round for the next round of buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't like the idea but have never tried it. Seems like it would be a very bad idea in the games leading up to the World Series especially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That really would serve to minimize the value of those players that give you more money but less offense or defense. There's a balance in the game (especially the early game) when you are deciding to take the player that has a lot of offense and a good ability that provides no revenue to maybe someone like a Dave Trout that only gives only one Triple, but provides 3 revenue. You need guys who give you 3 and 4 revenue to get those top Free Agents later.

Also, there is some decisioning when deciding who to send down to the minors. Do I get rid of a Robot who gives me one single, but two revenue, or a natural who gives me a single and a glove with zero revenue. I wouldn't disrupt that balance. Right now there are many viable strategies and options, changing a mechanic like that makes some of those strategies/options more or less viable in my opinion.

Allowing one to carry over revenue from game to game allows those who neglect revenue in the early game to still reach those huge (game changing) free agents later, which again, in my opinion, disrupts that balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks A. Frag - Excellent answer!

I concur!

Ralph

Go Wiffle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ralph! For such a simple game to play, there are many strategic layers which is why this game is great! Looking forward to more Free Agent expansions! Thanks for the great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.