Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Eastman Box Contents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the Eastman Box edition of the game at my FLGS. I am trying to figure out what exactly that contains compared to the retail edition. Does it include everything from the KS at the $90 level (like the April Oneil hero pack)? Or were those items packaged separately? The back of the box says it includes"kickstarter base assets" but not sure what that means. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Yes, it should be the same as the $90 (base level) Kickstarter version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a base Kickstarter pledge to me.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for the responses! Looks like I will be heading back to the store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
It's like everyone has said, it's the full experience of the game minus some completely non-essential exclusives that the works edition has.

Basically it's the full game, with expansion packs coming out later on for extra characters that the works edition backers received earlier, though in different poses and I'd imagine scaled to the rest of the figures.

So is this on general release now? Amazon still have it listed as the end of December.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
DavidSL wrote:
It's like everyone has said, it's the full experience of the game minus some completely non-essential exclusives that the works edition has.

Basically it's the full game, with expansion packs coming out later on for extra characters that the works edition backers received earlier, though in different poses and I'd imagine scaled to the rest of the figures.


Seriously, what is your obsession with The Works? This has nothing to do with The Works. The Eastman Edition is the same as the base Kickstarter edition (which is NOT the same as the base retail version, btw). That's all the OP was asking.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And there goes another thread...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
And there goes another thread...


Yeah, sorry, I should have known that would happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
DavidSL wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:
And there goes another thread...


Yeah, sorry, I should have known that would happen.

Says the guy who constantly trying to validate his decision not to back the KS. The thread was done until you popped in with irrelevant statements, once again harping on how The Works isn't all that and a bag of chips, despite the fact that the OP had nothing at all to do with that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
DavidSL wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:
And there goes another thread...


Yeah, sorry, I should have known that would happen.

Says the guy who constantly trying to validate his decision not to back the KS. The thread was done until you popped in with irrelevant statements, once again harping on how The Works isn't all that and a bag of chips, despite the fact that the OP had nothing at all to do with that.


Oh look, there you are again!

I haven't been the one name calling, have I? I seem to remember letting it go when you called me 'a liar' when I last stated some facts about the works edition.

'Non-essential' isn't an insult about the works edition, I'm simply trying to state to anyone else who might read this thread that the Eastman or retail edition is the complete experience. A lot of people come through here looking for information on this game and like with a lot of Kickstarters it's easy to get caught up thinking you've missed out by not buying the highest tier when available. I've stated numerous times how I understand the love for the works edition, but the extras are 'non-essential'. No one is missing out on the overall experience with the Eastman or retail edition and I feel it's important for people to know that.

That's all I'm going to say on it. Please stop derailing threads with your pathetic defence of the Kickstarter. If you love the game so much go and play it. Unless IDW are paying you, I have no idea why you are still trolling these forums. Just enjoy your purchase like everyone else seems to be.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
DavidSL wrote:
Oh look, there you are again!

Calling you on your BS? Yes, I am.

Quote:
I seem to remember letting it go when you called me 'a liar' when I last stated some facts about the works edition.

Your statements were false, making them lies.

Quote:
I'm simply trying to state to anyone else who might read this thread that the Eastman or retail edition is the complete experience.

Why? It had nothing to do with the OP? He wasn't asking about a complete experience; he just wanted clarification on (presumably) if this edition were worth the asking price.

Quote:
A lot of people come through here looking for information on this game and like with a lot of Kickstarters it's easy to get caught up thinking you've missed out by not buying the highest tier when available. I've stated numerous times how I understand the love for the works edition, but the extras are 'non-essential'. No one is missing out on the overall experience with the Eastman or retail edition and I feel it's important for people to know that.

So start avthread about that. I'm sure the one we already have isn't to your liking because nothing seems to be.

Quote:
That's all I'm going to say on it.

Promise?

Quote:
Please stop derailing threads

Again, this thread was done until you started up with your irrlevant spiel about The Works. That's the very definition of derailing. Okay, technically it's hijacking, not derailing. But since my post was directly related to yours and the OP's, I cannot possibly be the one who derailed it.

Quote:
I have no idea why you are still trolling these forums. Just enjoy your purchase like everyone else seems to be.

Says the guy who doesn't even own the game. You do understand what these forums are supposed to be for, don't you?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Give it up, Scott. This needless point scoring is ridiculous. I've stated why I posted what I did and stand by it. There are a lot of people going in and out of these forums and it's good to have the facts about what each version contains.

I'll say it again, because you don't seem to be getting it: I SEE THE VALUE OF THE WORKS EDITION. But I've also seen a lot of people questioning whether the retail or Eastman edition is even worth buying, so I feel it's important to let people know that the works edition is mostly exclusives that you don't need or will get in some form later.

I hope you can let this lie now. I habour no ill-will toward you, let's just call it quits.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
DavidSL wrote:
That's all I'm going to say on it.

DavidSL wrote:
I'll say it again
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.