3 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you play cards, apply damage, then play additional cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bennett

Indiana
msg tools
If I read the instructions in a literal sense, I would play all cards that I intend to use in my turn, and once I am done playing cards, apply the damage in the second phase of my turn.

So the question is, can I play cards and apply damage to one obstacle in order to defeat it and put it's ability out of play, then play additional cards to apply damage to other obstacle?

The scenario is I have a "Custom Officer" and an "Out of Ammo" obstacle in front of my runner, and the latter obstacle has the ability "You can't play more than 2 cards on your turn".

I have 3 cards in my hand, and would be able to defeat both obstacles without question if no obstacle abilities were involved. So which is correct below?

a) "Out of Ammo" only allows me to play 2 cards on my turn. So I play two cards and apply the damage to the "Out of Ammo" obstacle which defeats it. This resolves the 'Play Cards' and 'Apply Damage' phases of the turn, which means I must move onto the 'Take Damage' phase. I take one point of damage from the "Custom's Officer", and I still have one card left in my hand that could have been used to defeat it.

b) I play the two cards that allow me to apply damage and defeat the "Out of Ammo" tech, thus removing affect of the ability. I've technically gone through my "Play" and "Apply Damage" phases, but since the obstacles ability is no longer in play, can I play and apply damage with my last card (the third card) in order to defeat the other obstacle "Customs Officer" before going to the 'Take Damage' phase?

I'm new to tabletop gaming, but it was hard to pass up a game with sniper rifles and magic. 'Nuff said. I've been addicted to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The A scenario is correct. You can't move back to the previous phase to play more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett

Indiana
msg tools
Thanks for the response. I guess I need to go back and remove my abort Karma for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.