Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Stadler
Germany
Guenzburg
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Too much time until christmas? We know what to do! Let’s play …

Next spring we will release the 7th game of GIPF project. And until yet we didn't say anything about the name of the game .

Do you want to know the name? Find our challenge on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HUCHandfriends/), join the challenge and get the possibillity to win a copy of game 7 signed by Kris Burm.

Have fun & good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically there are 7 already
GIPF
DVONN
PÜNCT
YINSH
ZÈRTZ
TAMSK
TZAAR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the new one will be my #8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtEmiSa64 wrote:
GIPF
DVONN
PÜNCT
YINSH
ZÈRTZ
TAMSK
TZAAR

You are right, but as TZAAR replaces TAMSK officially, the new game will be the 7th game (because it is not meant to replace any game of the series).

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
Yep, the new one will be my #8.

Mine too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Clinch
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So now we know it will be Lyngk, and we can see what the board is like and that we will have several colours of pieces...

Can we have any more, or do we just have to wait until it's published?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Total V3rspielt
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you take a look at page 9 in Hutter Trade's 2017 catalogue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the link to the new Gipf game called LYNGK from Huch! and Friends. Yes the catalog shows the board is a 12(?) point star with six colors of round stackable pieces (red, green, blue, black, white and speckled gray). Its says "spring 2017" Looks great, can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KivasFajo wrote:
ArtEmiSa64 wrote:
GIPF
DVONN
PÜNCT
YINSH
ZÈRTZ
TAMSK
TZAAR

You are right, but as TZAAR replaces TAMSK officially, the new game will be the 7th game (because it is not meant to replace any game of the series).

Michael

Semantic nonsense. The game still exists and is a GIPF game. In the age of digital timers and motion sensing, the game could be reprinted and the gameplay enforced as intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Total V3rspielt
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
KivasFajo wrote:
ArtEmiSa64 wrote:
GIPF
DVONN
PÜNCT
YINSH
ZÈRTZ
TAMSK
TZAAR

Michael

Semantic nonsense. The game still exists and is a GIPF game. In the age of digital timers and motion sensing, the game could be reprinted and the gameplay enforced as intended.

TAMSK is not a GIPF game anymore by definition, just as Pluto is not a planet anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Clinch
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
V3rspielt wrote:
Why don't you take a look at page 9 in Hutter Trade's 2017 catalogue?

Thanks, that looks interesting. It also looks like it'll turn my brain to cream cheese, but in a GIPF game that's what I'd expect and is a good thing!

I've not been buying many games lately, I have far more than I have time to play, but I'll definitely make an exception for that one.

Pete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Clinch
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As for TAMSK, I have it and love it for such a unique use of time, but I can see quite reasonable non-economic arguments for wanting to move it out of the "official" GIPF line.

Depth of play would be the main one: it's pretty lightweight IMHO compared to the others and much of its play value is curiosity.

That's not a bad thing, but assuming the component cost issues were overcome and it was re-launched I don't see any particular reason to integrate it back in to GIPF unless it had a makeover providing for much deeper play.

Pete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.