Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly:
I’ve read a couple of comments and forum posts that say Hijinks is a puzzle-type game, and I’m not sure why.

Color Wheel? That’s a puzzle game. But Hijinks is no more a puzzle game than chess or Dvonn. (Just one consideration: I don’t think puzzles allow for thwarting your opponent in several different ways the way Hijinks does.)

Secondly: I’ve also seen suggestions that ditching the die and just moving whatever piece you want makes for a more strategic game.

Tried that today and it made the game unplayable. Both of us just hoarded pieces on our side that our opponent needed to win. We had to abandon the game.

Now, I’m not saying this suggestion is without merit, but it needs more rules to make it work.

Thirdly:
A couple of commenters said this had a Candyland feel. ????????
Please send me a bottle of whatever you’re drinking.

Summaryly:
It seems to me that the die, which usually gives you some useful options, gives Hijinks the right amount of randomness needed to keep it moving. I think you’d be hard-pressed to pack more more strategy and tactics into a five-minute game.

For what it is (a quick and fun game with some randomness) this is definitely a fine game for strategy gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.