Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
almost the same here in Germany:
Only 1 Level of base game + stretch goals for 89 Euro available (but with German translation)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pledge in KS for Engkish version anyways, I guess.
Nevertheless, KS version it will cost 17$ more for shipping costs, maybe it is something to take into account before taking your decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Custom fees are a possibility, almost a certainty due to the huge box.
September is really optimistic too. I expect this game won't be ready before Essen. And that is language indipendent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could buy it from philbert (also a part of the KS system for EGG) and get the kings pledge for 79.99 (not sure about the signature). Their shipping is quite cheap, and if you go together with a couple others you might pass the threshold for free shipping (for shipping to denmark only two copies of the game is needed to pass the free shipping threshold)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's not Italian.

Philibertnet is good for me as the English version is £13 cheaper than getting it from KS. However, the French version is a bolt-on to the English version, I think, although didn't do a translation, of another €10, for the extra French materials.

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Hi guys, hi Vital,

first of all, apologies if this is the wrong place where to post this (possibly this belongs to a specific KS subforum? Honestly, don't know)

I discovered Lisboa is finally available on KS, and I wanted to back the project. Since I'm living in Italy, I had to go through the giochistarter.it website, as suggested on the official KS. I noticed that we have different level of pledge in the two editions:

- the English edition has an entry level at 79 dollars (the King's favorite) granting a normal copy of the game AND all stretchgoals
- another entry level for the English edition is at 89 dollars: same as above, but the game is in a limited numbered & signed edition

Italian level of pledge are:

- 79.95 EUR (Architect) granting a normal copy of the game WITHOUT any of the stretchgoals
- 89.95 EUR (King Favorite, we got a genitive dying here) granting a NORMAL copy of the game (no limited and numbered edition, no Vital's signature) AND the stretchgoals

On the KS site we read:

So if you live in Italy and want delivery from Italy, please communicate with GIOCHIX and place your order.

There's nowhere stated that the pledge levels and the access to stretch goals is different than in the English edition.

So, what happened? I'd like to get a signed edition (Vital's among my favorite designers of all time) but there's no way I can have access to this shopping in Italy, plus I believe the way pledge levels are different is deceptive because there's nowhere written that different international suppliers may have different entry levels. We just know "if you live in country X, then use this site in stead of KS"

Thank you all for the patience to read through this, and thanks in advance for the explanations!

Julia

EDIT: I just re-read the whole KS page. Please be informed that the following sentence is stated on the official KS:

"Su www.giochistarter.it puoi partecipare alla campagna per la versione italiana! La campagna su GS e questa su KS hanno gli stessi stretch-goals e le stesse caratteristiche, in più risultati delle due campagne si sommano e quindi anche aderendo su giochistarter collabori a sbloccare nuovi stretch-goals!"

The bolded part means "the campaign on GS and KS have the same stretch-goals and the same characteristics"; but this is not true because if they had the same characteristics, then each and every pledge level allowing you to get a copy of the game will enable you to have the unlocked stretch-goals. This is scam. I mailed Vital making him aware of the situation (I'm sure neither Eagle Games nor him have nothing to do with the bad behaviour of their Italian partner). If nothing changes, I'll bring the problem to the KS direction's attention for fraud.

Hi Julia -- From the EGG perspective, we do not write any text for our international partners, and we do not control what they do write in any way. They are free to do and say what they will, though of course we would like it to be accurate. I will bring this BGG thread to the attention of our Italian partner, Giochix.

The shipping quoted in the American-based KS, which I am overseeing, is to all locations in the EU. In the case of our partners, we will send these in bulk to them once they are inside the EU and there should be no VAT to our knowledge, given that we pay it when the games are in the EU port. To all non-partner locations in the EU, the games are shipped from our warehouse partner in the Netherlands, and again, there should be no VAT.

For other places in the world that we ship to, that shipping is likely going to come directly from the US and then it is quite possible that VAT or comparable taxes must be paid.

As to pricing of the Lisboa games, that is left up to the individual partners, we do not attempt to control their pricing. The same is true of their shipping rates.

I hope this explanation helps. Of course it is a more complicated situation because of all the partners, but in general we think that both the retailers and the consumers involved should have choices.

Thanks for your interest -- Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
blackholexan wrote:
You can pledge in KS for Engkish version anyways, I guess.
Nevertheless, KS version it will cost 17$ more for shipping costs, maybe it is something to take into account before taking your decision.

Italian edition charges for shipping costs as well (7 EUR) so, getting the game from KS for 79+27 dollars (100 EUR) costs more or less the same than getting the Italian edition (89+7 = 96 EUR). I didn't understand whether getting the game from KS implies there's a customs fee to pay upon delivery or not.

It's also worth noticing that getting the standard Italian edition (no stretch goals) costs 86 EUR; not too distant from the final retail price of 99 EUR (and a lot of shops in Italy offer free shipping for such an amount of money). So, there's actually no particular convenience in paying the game 10 months in advance (Italian distributor declared that Eagle games is optimistic in their assumption of shipping games in July - fun fact: the KS reads June, not July - so that Giochix will ship in September)

Hello again --

We expect the games to arrive in the US (and the EU, Australia and Asia as well) in late May. We therefore expect that all backers in all locations will be sent their games in June, which is why I have specified this as the Estimated Delivery date on the American Kickstarter. EGG has an excellent track record of delivering their KS games in the month estimated or within 30 days thereafter. We have done over 50 KS projects and I think we have been later than 30 days on only 5 of them!

Best regards -- Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Julia,
if I understood, you are claiming the fact we added on Giochistarter another pledge level without SG for 79.95 euro (a lowered price respect to all EU price of 89.95 euro).
This in your opinion represents a fraud combined with the guilty italian sentence on KS that says the both campaigns have "the same characteristics" also if on GS website the difference from the rewards are clearly texted.

It's so?
robot

About shipment.
We written on GS that games should be ready for July. We also written there that to avoid any risk of delay (and considering that is not possible to ship in August as too many people are out for vacations), we annouced them for September. Of course if they will be ready before, we will ship them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.