5 Posts

Myth» Forums » Variants

Subject: Homemade Commanders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Charron
msg tools
Good morning to you all!

I have been looking a lot around this forum for idea and what now, and I decided I should share a few things in return. I recently got my copy of Blackwall (Sadly, my Shores of Kanis copy was not in the box I received even if it says it was in the box in the receipt that came with it oO (thats another story)).

Was a bit sad when I looked around after thinking "but what of the other type of monster's commander!?" and found out they probably will be buy able from other retail websites later on (no idea when). I though to myself that the other poor monster type needed a commander to lead them (specially the one from the Corebox). so I started to work, and got (At the moment) two commanders completed: Crawlers and Grubber.

I took idea from other games and etc for the abilities.

Grubber commander:

Idea was a stand back commander who buffs all the Grubbers and only act if attacked. You roll 3 FD at the realm tile start to set what buffs the commander will be able to give (so change from game to game).

Crawlers Commanders:

*Take note that for the Crawlers, there is actually two commanders ("Twins") who will help their respective kind (Ranged/melee).

Please, suggestions and idea are welcome I tried to make them not too hard (but with still a challenge) to go with the strength of the crawler/grubbers.

Also, if someone could PM me a brief explanation of how the other MCG commanders were made (ability/mechanically wise), could help me out figure how to balance/change/make the others

I have not play tested them yet.

*I would like to thanks GeckoTH for sharing the Minion/Captain Template I used to make these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Really nice looking cards! Thanks for posting these!

I hope you don't mind a little bit of feedback: IMHO the Grubber Commander needs some work. As it stands now, you can more or less ignore him until you have dealt with all other threats on the tile. Then you just take him out, and it will be a pretty boring and tiresome battle, because he'll run away all the time and can't do s*** .

Thanks again, for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Charron
msg tools
No please, I love feedback! Even if I might not 100% agree about it being the last target as it does activate extra Grubbers and boost the ones around (but I agree it can make it boring if he start running away all the time).

I gave it a few look over the day and found a few things to modify to make it more interesting. Also found a few mistakes (such has FD on the attack part, even if it doesn't have any recipe to complete with them xD) Will post the results later tonight hopefully.

Also started to think about the other monster type. Not like the first two, I dont think they will buff much the others but use them at their advantage:
Lich/Necromancer for the Unholy with some AoE aura that affect both monsters and hero,
An assassin Rodent, crippling hero to slow down their progress towards the others tailles.

I sadly dont have much info/lore about the symbio and the Elemental. Though of making a combo Malice/XXXXXX Elemental (XXXX = Light side resources (if any), cant check as Im still waiting on my copy of Shore of Kanis) combo

*updated the first post to put reference for the templates and thanks

**On a side note, I plan to use leftover miniatures I have (got a few duplicates hero/monster I got from an Ebay purchase I got). I plan to release the whole pack with .PSD files, so ppl will be able to modify the image to reflect other figurins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Charron
msg tools
Here is a draft of the v1.1 of the Grubber commander

*corrected some Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Charron
msg tools
The Unholy commander, Vrais'taas The Lich

Using an extra Acolyte figurine (Might rework the picture) painted in dark color.

Note that the Raise the dead and Greater resurrection do stack:
Greater resurrection prevent the minion from being defeated (Like normal resurrection). If it fails, they then get defeated and therefor get placed on the this card (Because of Raise the dead). Allowing the Shamblers to be brought back at the start of the next DC. Mouahahah!

Not too certain about the Sacrifice wording (and balance, has this might prolonge the fight by a lot. Might need to reduce put a minimum range (but hard to word so it doesnt look too... texty)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.