$30.00
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
These questions are aimed at people who have experience with the game, perhaps from playing through the whole deck. How important is it to have the same players each time versus playing with whoever shows up at one session? I suppose some of this is important if only if the game is seen as a "campaign."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy yet, but one thing I'm very tempted to do for at a game convention (probably Kublacon) is to have a "sit and go" marathon game. I'd play through the entire deck over several hours and many games. Players can jump out or in at any time over the course of the whole thing. They can play a few games then bail or parachute in between games even if they didn't play the games leading up to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ Kuchenbrod

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played now with two and four. With more than two you think more about what space to go to because it could cost you fruit. Two not as often. Both played fine though in their own respect. Now as to resetting or picking up with more players? I'd suggest keeping a save state of the game and who you play it with. It's worth it to start over as the game plays way different the second time through. Different decisions and completely different board. This will be coming to the table often in my family. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, I guess I hadn't realized it should be easy enough to denote multiple save states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ Kuchenbrod

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea all I did was keep a list of what cards and how many of each were still on the board. Then next time you play you discard and reset to that. Keep multiple saves that way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had it in almost constant use at a games day yesterday. Except that it would be passed around between tables, so it was played by different people at different times, with different player counts.

It was really interesting to play the first 6 location cards, pass the game on, and get it back an hour or two later with only two of the original six in play. A few hours later, and they'd gone too.

The game hadn't changed out of all recognition, of course - it was still about collecting sets of fruits. But how we went about it had changed somewhat, and certain tricks and ideas had been replaced by others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.